Chapter Two

ONE YEAR LATTER

Edward, my cousin was chasing me and I hide behind a large tree. Hoping he would not fin me here.

"I find you" he whispered in my hear and I jumped scared to the death. He laugh at me for my exaggerated reaction.

"Is not funny I nearly passed away" I said crossing my arms.

"You are not mad me for such a stupid thing, you can't even stay mad at me for more than an hour "

I walked past him, he followed me. My brother was waiting for my training to fight, my father thinks that it might useful even if I am a girl. I arrived at my brother quickly. This red gown compresses me but I adore the coulour and the black lace that cover my arms.

I took my sword and wait patiently for my brother and our instructor. We quickly started the training. And I find myself against Edward. I put on my rage on the fight. I smiled when he loose his sword.

"You loose against a girl?" my brother mocked him. I fell as Edward slapped me. I can see, he didn't mean to hurt me but he did.

"Hit me again and I assure it will be the last thing you would have the honor to do, your grace" I said in a cold voice. Is not because he is the heir of England that he have the right to hit me. I am a princess of England, after all.

The sun was going down now, I must change before seeing the queen in her chambers. My ladies was already waiting for me, my romm was quiet. My dress was red with golding lace at the waist.

"Your grace, your father wish to see you with the Duchess of York" one of the ladies said.

"I presume he did not tell you the matter" I said as untie my hair. My lady brushed my blond hair. I smiled at them and stand up. I must be quick.

The castle was almost empty with the whole battle and those that are coming. My father private office was not so far from my chambers.

The guards opened the door as I arrived. My right hand went to rest on my stomach. I was wondering, why my father is calling me in such a official way?

"Duchess Cecily my daughter Victoria Anna of Lancaster"

I looked at the woman standing in the middle of the room and give her one my cold smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you duchess Cecily"

"You don't bow?" she asked

"Technically, I am a princess you should be the one to bow in front of me. But in all case I bow to no-one not even the royal couple" I replied. I have no choice, I made a mistake the only way to fix it, is to play the card of spoiled princess.

"I like you already, you can call me Cecily. I am your godmother after all".

"I know you have to meet the queen, so you are betrothed to one of her sons. I don't know which one yet"

"Father, I will not marry our enemies with no offense duchess Cecily"

"We gave you to much power, you will marry who ever I choose" my father answered.

"That will be over my dead..." I didn't finish my sentence that my father slapped me. He has raised his hand on me for the first time. My lips was bleeding and I am quite sure tomorrow I am going to have a mark on my face.

What is the problem with everyone hitting me on the face?

"Mind your mouth little girl being around the queen as make you to sure of yourself"

I hold back my tears, I can't cry in front of my father and the duchess.

"It's seem that I have no choice so can I leave and see the queen" I asked bitting my lips. He wave his hand and I quickly rush to the queen apartments. I opened the door without being announced.

I need to talk to someone that can understand what I feel. The queen quickly dismissed her ladies.

"My dearest child what's bothering you?" Margaret asked with a soft voice.

"Father, has betrothed me to one of the York brothers. I don't want to marry our enemy" I cried.

"Your father is doing what, he thinks good to protect you. Our fight to maintain the crown is getting harder" she replied.

"Then I will not be queen?"

"You don't need a crown to be a queen, you're a queen since your birth" she smiled at me. And I know that I am one of the rare person to see her in such a way being kind and supportive.

"I shall be a queen in all but name"

"I have a gift for you " she took a box and Hundley it to me.

I hopen the wooden box, a diadème with a sapphire was inside.

"Feel the fear and do it anyway" I read

"I want you to have it, to remember that you are a strong girl raised by strong women"

"We are going to lose the next battle right?"

"I have the feeling that we might lose but remember the sun we shine on us again" she said as she kissed my forehead.

"I will never turn my back on our house"I will be strong. Because I am a member the house of Lancaster, we are not afraid.

"Don't make such promises, dear. I want you to do something for me"

"What aunt Maggie?"

"Never give up your crown to anyone"
"But aunt, I am not queen" I replied with confusion.
"Perhaps but you have the heart of a queen, my dearest child"

We sit there for hours talking about life, my travels around Europe since 1455.