𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻

Your eyes opened, staring at the first thing you noticed. Which just so happened to be somebody's bare skin. Slightly leaning upward, you look around the room and notice you were in bed beside Eren Jaeger. Turning, you looked out the window before getting out of the bed carefully, to which he then groaned. Of fucking course he did.

"Before you ask, no, we didn't have sex," you smile to yourself as he says this. "Yeah, I know," you were quick to answer. Eren gets out of bed as well, glancing over at you as he reaches for his shirt. "wanna wear it?" he made a joke out of it, holding the shirt out for you. "No, I'm good, thanks for the offer," you turn your back to him, eyes screwing shut as you quickly scold yourself.

Eren pulls his shirt on, and leans over, grabbing your hand. You turn to look at him and you swallow hard, seeing how close he was to you. Why did you keep looking at him this way? This...right here, with him, wasn't the job. You kept thinking what the true reason for thinking this being close to him would be a good idea.

At least, you thought it was a genuinely good idea. Sneaky and clean, hopefully. But from the looks of it, it wasn't going the way you had planned. You had never looked at anybody like this before, you were never one for relationships, trying your best to please your own people, such as your parents, and never succeeding.

But for some reason, you decided to brush it off. "What?"

"Stay," he stares into your eyes. Eren now knows everything.  You're the one. Maybe he was approaching it the wrong way, but you were right here in front of him. He didn't feel the need to ask that. Your expression changed, seeing how soft his own expression was. Nobody had ever looked at you like that either, at least not that you've ever noticed. "I don't know," you answer, hand dropping to your side as he lets go.

"Okay, but I'd like it if you did at least. If you wanna go home, that's fine. Just...at least eat breakfast before you go," you were suddenly tempted to stay. Why did he want you to so badly? It was odd, but maybe not that odd. Maybe he grew attached to you overnight. "I think it's best if I go, my friends are probably confused. So I should let them know I'm okay," you nod and he nods shortly after.

You step out of the room and his friends sat there with Nicolo, them eating breakfast that Nicolo had apparently made not that long ago. He seemed situated already. Which wasn't a good thing, none of you should get comfortable at all. But you were the only two who were.

Everybody is looking at you and you clear your throat. "Hi guys," you greet them and start walking toward the door. "Don't you want breakfast?" Nicolo asks and you look around before smiling at him. "I'll eat something at the house, besides, you know I can't eat right after waking up," this was your ticket out, which allowed you to open the door and step out.

Nicolo said goodbye to everyone and followed you out, watching as your eyes closed as the fresh cool air hit your skin. "Everything okay?" he asked suddenly. You open your eyes and look at him, starting to walk to the house. "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" Nicolo shrugs in response and the rest of the walk is silent until you make it home. "Where were you two last night?" you're automatically met with Barrett.

You were starting to realize you didn't like him as much as you liked Nicolo. "Where do you think? We're fine. I need to rest," you tell them, getting ready to walk to your room when Barrett stops you with his voice. "I don't think you know what you're doing,"

"Can you let me do what I think is best? It's my mission, you can go back if you fucking please to. I don't take orders from you or Nicolo, got it? I don't need you trying to tell me I'm wrong every move I decide to make," you tell him and he stands there, staring at the back of your head. "are you done so I can go now?"

Neither of them says anything and you finally make it to your room in peace. And while you get there, you almost break down into tears. This mission has made you weak. Or at least, that's what you were thinking. You would probably think the opposite tomorrow.

All you could think about while you laid back into your bed, was how quickly things moved last night. And his movements changed so quickly. Now you believed you were just overthinking it. But you were right to overthink this.

-

hello. I have ALMOST finished chapter summaries for this fanfic. I'm still messing with a certain chapter, but there should be at least thirty-one/thirty-two chapters altogether.

don't forget to vote