𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

Eren's eyes are wide as he stands in front of you, staring a hole through Barrett.

"Are you jealous? I never understood why it was you..." Eren shakes his head, staying in front of you. "Perhaps it was just the hatred that drove you to be this way. That's okay...I can understand that much."

Barrett just stands there, pointing the gun at him. "Move, Eren. You can kill me if you want to, but I need to kill her."

You look at Eren as he laughs.

"You really think I'm going to do what you ask?" Eren raises his hand, ready to bite his hand.

Barrett shakes his head and laughs. "There's no way you'd do it with her right behind you. It would kill her."

You notice somebody in the corner of your eye, so you look over, but nothing is there. Ignoring it, you step beside Eren, showing yourself to Barrett but as you do, Porco is tackling Barrett to the ground as it goes off.

"Come on!" Eren takes hold of your hand, pulling him away with you.

He felt bad that he had been dragging you all this time, but he needed to protect you. It was his main mission.

"What the hell are you doing, Porco!" Barrett's face is pushed against the concrete.

Porco stares down at him, banging his head against the ground. "I'm giving her a chance to finally be happy."

As you're running, you start to feel tired and slow down before coming to a complete stop. Eren stops as well, turning and looking back at you. "I'm tired." You say to him, hand on your stomach.

"We have to keep moving, just a little further." Eren turns, noticing that the Beast Titan is being attacked.

Your silence makes him look over at you again and before he can say anything, he rushes over, catching your body in his arms.

"Eren." You whisper, noticing the blood on your hand.

He lifts your shirt, taking a look at your stomach, his eyes landing on the bullet wound. Eren grits his teeth and puts pressure on the wound to help stop the bleeding. He's never felt this much fear in his life. Was he actually going to lose you? That's all he could think about.

His whole goal was to protect you and change the way things were going.

Ripping part of his shirt, he wrapped it around your body to cover the wound on your stomach.

"Is this how it happened?" You ask, looking up into his eyes.

Eren cups your cheek gently. "You're not going to die."

Looking around, he notices some ODM gear and rushes for it, putting it on. There seemed to have been people over this way, running away from the Beast Titan and they probably just dropped some equipment there.

He rushes over, picking you up.

"What're you doing?" You ask him, noticing the gear he's wearing.

Eren is silent, he just fires the hooks toward a building and holds onto you tightly. Both of you make it up there safely. "I'll be back, okay? I need you to hide behind this chimney."

You look at him before he takes off again and you look over, seeing him swing a bit away. The sky starts to darken, and you see yellow lightning igniting the sky. Holding on tightly to the roof, you hang in there until it stops.

Letting out a cough, you cough up a bit of blood and then reach for anything in your pockets that will be able to help you get off this roof. You will bleed out here if he doesn't hurry, but Eren knows that and he's doing the best he can to get back to you.