𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

You take a step back as Barrett steps forward, the gun still pressed to your forehead.

"You're gonna do as I say. Make a noise or move, and I pull the trigger." He says.

Porco walks in and shuts the door. Your eyes widen at the sight of him and he only looks at you with a disappointed look on his face.

Your eyes shift over to Nicolo who is standing in shock at the sight of them before you look back at Barrett with cold eyes.

"Put the gun down, Barrett," Porco demands sternly, getting close to him. "If you fire that weapon, you're going to alert everybody around this place."

Barrett knows that Porco is right, but he is just so frustrated with how everything ended up this way. Things could be different if you had never fallen for Eren. Letting out a breath, he lowers the gun and Porco takes it from Barrett, pointing it back up at you.

This shocks you.

"What happened to you?" He whispers as he stares into your eyes.

You don't feel the need to answer, so you just stare at him.

He sighs and you notice the tears welling in his eyes. "What was the real reason you hated me? At least answer that."

For a moment, you had to think. Why is that something he cared about as he held a gun to your face? He won't kill you. You can't kill somebody you love. "I had to."

Porco shakes his head. "You didn't."

"I did." You say. "You have no idea what it felt like for me, knowing how you really thought about me. But you meant nothing to me, so it was easy to push you away."

He swallows hard and closes his eyes. "You don't mean that."

You say nothing and watch as he opens them again.

"When I found out...I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I stood there and I watched you kiss him. You really do love him." His voice softens and you frown at his expression. "You betrayed us."

"I never meant for any of this to happen. I tried to fight against it...I tried to do what I could-" You start rambling.

Porco cuts you off. "And failed."

"You can't shoot me, Porco. You may think that you have that in you, but you and I both know, you can't do it. You care about me too much despite me being a traitor. After you found out, you couldn't believe it. That's why you're here...to see for yourself." Your eyes never leave his as you carefully grab his hand and place it over your heart, leaving him confused.

He knows that what you're saying is right. His eyes move to his hands as he feels your heartbeat, finding a brief comfort.

Barrett looks around the room and this is the moment you slap the gun out of his hand, it sliding over in front of Nicolo who immediately bends down, and picks it up to point it at Barrett.

Kicking Porco into the table, you watch him fall and then tackle Barrett, your hands wrapping around his neck and squeezing tightly. You watch as he struggles underneath.

Porco needs the gun again, he doesn't care if he alerts anybody. Nicolo fires the gun nervously, missing his shot and Porco takes control, grabbing the gun from him and shooting him in the side.

You look back as Nicolo falls to the floor, and the grip on Barrett's neck gets looser. He gains control over you and you notice it too late, being thrown off. He stands before you can get up, kicking you in the face.

"Nicolo!" You scream out, seeing as his blood spreads on the floor. "Get up!"

"Eyes on me, Y/n," Barrett says, getting on top of you.

Porco has no idea what to do in this situation, watching as you struggle with Barrett on top of you. Even after everything, he can't watch you die.

Your hand pushes against Barrett's face, your finger sticking into his eye. He yells out in pain and you kick him off of you, his body thumping onto the floor as he holds his eye in pain.

Walking over to Porco, you punch him and he stumbles back.

Nicolo is laying there with his hand over his wound, trying to stop the bleeding. But he's growing tired and is fighting to keep his eyes open.

You reach for the gun, take it and point it over at Barrett, ready to fire the weapon until Porco comes up behind you, his arms wrapping around your neck. You're shocked as your eyes shift to look back at him.

Moving the gun, you try to shoot at him but Porco snatches it from your hand, dropping it to the floor. "Don't fight this, Y/n."

Tilting your head forward, you move it back to hit him in the face and as he's distracted, you use your strength to lift him just before throwing him over your back and onto the floor.

Barrett grabs the gun before you can and holds it to your face. "This ends here."

Looking over, you see Nicolo charging at Barrett. As Nicolo grabs hold of him, they fall through the window, falling onto the shattered glass outside of the house. "Get out of here." Porco chokes out, wiping the blood from his face as he stands.

You look over at him, eyes wide.

"Don't look at me like that. Just go." Porco looks down the hall. "Surely, there's another way out that he won't see."

Hearing the groans from Nicolo as he struggles to fight off Barrett, your eyes squeeze shut.

He notices. "If you don't leave now, you'll both die."

Porco is right, and you know it. You don't want to leave Nicolo behind, but it's the last option you have.

Nicolo knows he's no match for either of them, but he did what he had to do just for you to escape. At least get the only one he knew targeting you away from you.

You let out a deep breath and stay strong, rushing down the hallway to your bedroom. Opening up the window, you climb out of it carefully, already drenched from the rain.

At first, you start off by walking slowly, taking in everything that had just happened. But then you start running. As you near Eren's house, you hear a gunshot in the distance and flinch at the sound.

Showing up at Eren's doorstep, you stare at the door before opening it. Everybody is in there. They all turn to look at you, confused, but Eren rushes to you.

"They're here." You say to him.

-