𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Things in Marley are quieter than usual. It's almost like the calm before the storm.

Your mother is looking out the window, noticing how gloomy everything is today. Her mind goes to your sister, and then you.

"What's wrong?" Your father asks her.

She places a hand on her head and frowns, remembering the night the accident occurred. "I just can't stop thinking about that night."

"Shhh, you're going to wake mom and dad up." Your sister whispers to you with a huge grin on your face.

A smile also appears on your face. You climb out the window after your older sister, and she helps you. Both of you are sneaking out of the house late at night. You know you'll both get in trouble later, but you're just curious to see what things look like on the outside.

"Take my hand, let's go." Your sister places her hand in yours and begins guiding you around the place.

As the rain gets heavier, you both start running in it, knowing you'll both be sick in the morning but right now, that's the least of your concerns.

It was your idea to come out here. Your sister only came because she wanted to make sure you stayed safe, and you let it slip one night you planned on doing this.

"I've been seeing my dad." She says.

By this point, you're both standing under something to wait until the rain calms down.

She has a different dad since your mother had an affair. The only one who is supposed to know is her, but she wanted to tell you since you two are close. Not even your dad knows. He fully believes that's his daughter.

"Secretly, of course. If mom finds out she will kill me!" She shakes her head, looking out at the sky.

You're shocked to hear her say this. You don't want her to get in trouble.

"Don't worry about me, little one. I can take care of myself." She puts a hand on your head, making you smile softly.

There was something she wanted to tell you, which is also why she wanted to come out with you tonight. But she never had the chance to tell you. As you notice the rain has slowed, you take off without her.

She takes off after you.

There's a tall tower and you run toward it. Her eyes widened.

"No, Y/n! Don't get on that!"

Being the kid you are, you just laugh and begin climbing it. It's slippery. But you make it up the first set of stairs and start climbing the next.

She is still calling after you but you're still not listening, having fun with her chasing after you. It doesn't seem like a big deal at first, but then you hear a short scream.

You look down once you reach the top, seeing her body on the ground.

After calling out her name several times, she never answers. You find it difficult to climb back down and you end up falling as well, and your leg breaks as you hit.

You're crying and when you look at your hands, you notice they're red. Looking at your sister, you see the blood mixed in with the water and it starts raining again.

Crying out for help, you look over and see your mother standing there staring at you both. She just continues to stand there and eventually leaves you there while you continue to cry.

Pieck comes and that's when you meet her.

It is your fault for what happened, you know that. And your parents resent you for that. It hurts that you have to live with this guilt. You were nothing but a stupid kid. It was just an accident.

Porco is looking out the window, thinking of you when Pieck comes up from behind.

"How are you holding up?" She asks.

He turns and looks at her with a small smile. "Everything is okay."

She places a hand on his shoulder. "Have some faith in our girl, Porco. She's smart and you've gotta stop worrying about her. If she knew you were thinking this hard about her, she'd want to kill you."

At first, he wants to laugh but he doesn't.

Pieck lets out a sigh, knowing that he loves you too much to stop thinking about you. He cares. He knows it's foolish.

The truth is, when you met him, there was a small bit of romance there. You were young, though. But after your sister died, you got cold toward most. Especially him.

Seeing as you don't want to lose anybody you could end up loving.

Porco's hand runs its way through Pieck's hair. She's confused. You'll never love him. Especially now that you are falling in love with Eren. He would never have a chance. For all he knows, you could be dead.

Soon enough, they're both in bed together but all he can think about is you. Porco feels guilty every time he looks down at the woman beneath him. So he doesn't.

After they both finish, he sits alone by the window, looking out the window. It's dark and there are hardly any stars out tonight.

"I feel a war coming." He says to himself.

-

I haven't updated in forever. but I'm almost done with the next chapter too. will just space out updates. this is the next fanfic I plan on finishing up. 14 chapters remaining. I don't have an update schedule as of now, so maybe every two days expect an update.

I have a job, so I have less time to write but ill work on it :)

THANKS FOR 50K BTW <3