𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Two days now and every time you walk the streets, you can only hear the whispers from the people about how people keep dropping like flies. You don't mean to pry, but it only makes you curious. Did someone catch on to somebody being inside, and they're trying to kill them? But that didn't explain why they'd try to kill their own people just to do so.

Paradis wasn't the type to make that move. You walk into the house, both Nicolo and Barrett turning their heads to look at you. "What's got you two so jumpy?" you lift a brow while walking over to the couch to take a seat after the long long walk you just had. "Sorry, I guess it's a little hard not to be when people are dropping like flies,"

He had a point. "Fair," you reply, lifting your brows and walking around to grab a piece of bread when Nicolo told you. "Don't eat that," he says. You look at him, confused. "And why not?"

"It's not for you. We've already made food for others," your eyes meet Barrett's as those words came out of his mouth. "Odd, but okay," something was off about it, concerning you. You didn't think Nicolo would be one to do something, but perhaps Barrett dragged him into it. And you wouldn't know unless you dug deeper, but you felt it was better to wait at least a day or two, just to keep eyes on them.

Barrett lets out a sigh. "Speaking of which, I should go and hand these out to people," you step in front of him. "Allow me. You guys should stay inside, I saw a few people patrolling the area anyway, and people here know me better than they know you," Barrett tilts his head, scoffing. "what's the matter? Is something wrong?"

He stares a hole into your soul until backing away. "Okay,"

"Thank you," you sarcastically smile at him, glancing over at a nervous Nicolo. Grabbing the food that had been made, you hold onto it carefully before leaving the house. This place has changed all of us. Despite not having proof of him not doing anything at all, you probably wouldn't find any at all. Even if it made sense with Nicolo being amazing at cooking food, and Barrett himself being a doctor.

He knew how to make things nobody else did.

Once you were away from the place a bit, you dumped the food, making sure nobody was looking. But you didn't look hard enough. "Dumping good food?" Eren's voice startled you.

"Oh," you glance back, making sure it was all gone. "yeah. It was left out overnight and just wasn't good anymore."

Eren nods, shoving his hands into his pocket. "It's pretty late out, shouldn't you be sleeping?" you let out a breath and stare up at the night sky. "Maybe, shouldn't you be too?" He lifts a brow. "Maybe," a smile appears on his face, and he also looks up. "but something told me to go on a walk, and clearly..." he pauses, moving his head to look at you.

You meet his eyes. Even though it was dark, you could still tell they were green. It was as if they glowed. And for a moment, you saw him. You forgot he was even a titan for a second. There was just one thing that you thought about. Nicolo appears around the corner, and Eren turns around, looking at him.

"Sorry," he apologizes and you shake your head, stepping forward. "What's the matter? You look out of breath," Eren steps to the side before speaking up. "I'm gonna head back, have a good night,"

"Goodnight Eren," you say and he smiles at you as he disappears behind the wall. You stare at Nicolo as he makes sure that Eren is gone before pushing you away from the spot you were standing in. Your back hit a wall and Nicolo puts a finger over his lips, making you confused. "I can't keep it in. The food," your eyes widened. "Barrett asked me to make food for the people here, it's what's killing everybody. I didn't want to do it, especially now and without your permission," he rambles.

Nicolo backs away from you, staring at the ground. "I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I really don't. But all I do know is that I didn't want to. But felt obligated to because these people are...our enemy. So why do I feel like this,"

You stared at him, wide eyes. You wish you could answer his question, but you had no idea at all. Because you had the same problem. But you didn't even want to think about what he had just said. You wanted to push that down, deep inside. Not ever wanting to bring it back up again.

Maybe you were both doomed. You slide down onto the ground and Nicolo glances at you, tears in his eyes. "I know you feel the same way I do, but you won't admit it. And you don't have to, but don't lie to me after I was truthful with you,"

And suddenly, it was no longer a maybe.

-

hi everyone, hope you are all well.