𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

You pull yourself up off the ground, pushing past Nicolo. "What're you doing?" Nicolo asked, quickly following after. When you didn't answer he asked again, but you only continued to ignore.

Barrett stood outside the house, smoking. He looked over, noticing you as you approached him. "What's up with y—" just before he could finish, you lifted your fist and collided with his face.

His body fell over, hitting the hard concrete beneath him. "Hey," he coughed, struggling to look at you. You grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull him inside the house, Nicolo following after and shutting the door.

"What the fuck is wrong with you," you get on top of him, picking him up by the collar of his shirt once more. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" he knew by now, and from looking at Nicolo, that you knew about his plan.

You stared into his pale blue eyes. Barrett coughed again as you dropped him. You didn't move though, continuing to stand above him. "You're here for one thing and one thing only. If you want, you can go back home. You have no idea the type of danger you put us in, I don't think you realize how dangerous that truly was. And how fucking idiotic. Dragging Nicolo into it? Do your own dirty work. Let me handle it, this is my mission,"

Barrett then laughed, watching as you stepped away, your back facing him. "Let...you handle it? What a joke," you froze in place, staring ahead as you got ready to hear the bullshit he was about to spout off. "you're gonna fall for him." Nicolo glanced over at you as this was said. "I know you will."

You swallow the lump that had formed in your throat. "Wait...you already have," Barrett was lucky you no longer had the energy to knock his teeth out, which is something you should be doing right now. "Next time you say anything like that again, I'll put a knife in the base of your skull. I won't repeat myself when I say this is my mission, you can leave if you damn well, please. I don't need you fucking this up for us,"

When walking out, Nicolo followed you once again. "Are you okay?" he asks and you don't bother to look at him while replying. "I'm fine, just exhausted,"

"Me too. What are we going to do about him?" you finally stop and look at him. "You wanna just kill him?" you questioned and he stares at you. "I'm trying to get out of this alive...and if he keeps doing this shit he's doing, he's gonna get us all killed. I'm not dying that way. Not without completing the mission,"

"You still want to go on with it?"

It took you a second to even comprehend that question. "I don't know what I want to do anymore, but I want to try to prove him wrong," you weren't even sure of that answer. God, right now, you were so conflicted with yourself. How did you let yourself get so fucking low? It was embarrassing, especially to Nicolo, but you knew he obviously understood what you were feeling.

Somewhat at least. His mission was here with you, and it was obvious he no longer wanted to continue. You then began thinking about how disappointed your parents would be. But you also thought about how doing this probably wouldn't even change the way they looked at you.

You could do it for the people of Marley, but didn't feel that attachment with them anymore. How did this happen?

"What do we do now?" you felt irritated with his questions. "I don't know, and right now, I don't even want to care. I just wanna get this all over with so I don't have to go through this anymore,"

Now the topic of your parents was bothering you. You were also wondering how things were back at Marley. Were they even worried about you? Or did they ask themselves if you were dead yet? Did they even care? Randomly, you wanted to confess to yourself that you hated your parents. What happened was a mistake, and you hated yourself for it too. "What's wrong with me, Nicolo?"

"Nothing is wrong with you. We got to see another side of things. People change over time...or at least that's how I look at it," you let out a deep breath. "Why did we have to be so stupid, I hate this life," Nicolo and you began walking together, finding a nice spot to sit and talk for a bit until it got too late.

-

hi, happy Friday. I hope you have a good weekend