Chapter 4 - I always come last

**Buckys POV**

Bucky hadn't been able to stop himself thinking about Lily since the night of her arrival when they shared half a bottle of Whiskey in the kitchen at 4 in the morning.

He didn't know much about her, only that she had worked with Bruce in India before he left to become an Avenger and she had stayed there until now. He knew that she must be incredibly smart as he had seen the work she was doing with Bruce and quite frankly, he didn't understand a word of it. He knew she was beautiful, he could barely keep his eyes off of her whenever she was in the room, she was tall and slim and had curves in all the right places, her long brown hair was usually a curly mess but it framed her face perfectly and she looked almost angelic.

What Bucky didn't know, was why he was so infatuated by her. Sure she was beautiful, and funny and her wit was sharp enough to best even Tony Stark, but he hadn't even had a real conversation with her. They'd exchanged a few words during the late night drinking, and had made small talk over the last few weeks at various group meals, and had laughed hysterically at her mocking Steve in front of him and Nat a few days ago, but despite this he was filled with a burning desire to be near her in his every waking moment, and it scared him.

He stood in the kitchen pouring himself his third black coffee of the day, hearing someone enter behind him mid conversation "I really would love to Bruce, you know that. Can't we go tomorrow?"

It was Nat and Bruce, Bucky went back to staring into his coffee cup willing the caffeine to do its job of waking him up after yet another sleepless night.

"Naatttt" Bruce whined "Please, I spent all morning planning this and plucking up the courage to ask you"

"I know Bruce, I'm so sorry but I've got training with Lily in like 20 minutes, I can't let her down, plus you know better than anyone what she's like with her anxiety, she'll worry herself to death thinking she's done something wrong if I just bail on her last minute"

Bucky was surprised to hear that Lily had anxiety, he found this oddly endearing and was amazed at how well she had hidden it and how confident she came across in front of everyone.

"I'll train with Lily" he blurted out, the words leaving his mouth before his brain had even registered them. Nat and Bruce looked at him startled, how had they not noticed the 6 foot scowl on legs stood right there.

Much to Buckys surprise Bruce ran and hugged him hard "thank you thank you thank you" he turned to Nat "Can he? Can we? Please?"

She laughed, shaking her head "how could I say no to you" she narrowed her eyes at Bucky "you sure?"

Bucky nodded, trying to remain calm at the prospect of being alone with Lily at last.
"OK" she smirked "just take it easy on her okay? She's getting good but she's not quite Super soldier level yet"

"No problem, I'll be gentle"

Bucky headed towards to gym with a spring in his step.

"Have you noticed how he watches Lily like a hawk whenever they're in the same room? I think he has a thing for her" Nat nudged Bruce, still watching Bucky almost skip away.

"No. But I honestly don't want to think about that, she's like a daughter to me Nat, please don't try and put those kind of thoughts in my head before our date"

Bucky stood in the gym waiting nervously for Lily to arrive. The door swung open and he heard her angelic voice "ready for an ass kicking, bitch?"

He was amused by her aggressive tone, before being distracted by her outfit, so much skin on show and he could think about nothing other than kissing every inch of it. "Well someone put their feisty panties on this morning" he silently cursed himself at his choice of words.