Chapter 15 - Worse than death

Bucky sighed heavily as he opened the coffee jar and tried to scrape what was left on to a spoon.

"We out of coffee now too my love?"

He turned to see Lily leaning against the bedroom door frame smiling at him sadly, leaning back against the kitchen counter he gestured for her to come to him. Lily wrapped her arms around his waist and rest her head on his chest "it's time Bucky, we can't put it off forever, we've run out of so much stuff already"

"I'll go tomorrow"

Lily sighed and looked up at him "we talked about this Bucky, it needs to be me. You're too conspicuous"

"Have you seen your face and your ass? You're hardly inconspicuous doll" he scoffed.

Lily said nothing only raised her eyebrows at him.

"You're not going to let me win this are you doll?"

"Nope" she laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

The next morning Lily dressed slowly, with Bucky watching her every move. He had made another attempt at convincing her to let him go in her place but she was having none of it, and since she was devoid of caffeine he decided it best to just agree.

Bucky walked with her in to the woods so far until they came to a stop and Lily moved to stand in front of him "Well this is as far as you go my love"

He looked at her sadly "Oh don't give me that look Bucky, I won't be long, I'll be back by the end of the day, tomorrow morning at the very latest, and I'll bring us some chocolates to share"

She kissed him and turned to leave, Bucky grabbed her wrist and pulled her back in to him, grabbing her tightly and kissing her passionately "I love you so much, please be careful"

"I love you too Mr Barnes" she looked him in the eyes "James, remember what we agreed, if I'm not back in 3 days, you pack up and you leave, you run far and you leave me behind, I won't risk them getting their hands on you again"

"I don't like it, but fine. If it makes you feel better I agree"

With one final kiss and longing look Lily headed off on the 14 mile walk to the nearest town to restock on supplies.

Lily reached the town around 4 hours later, totally exhausted but it had been an uneventful walk which she was grateful for. She found the necessary shops and bought as many groceries as she could reasonably carry, she had gained a few suspicious looks from the locals, especially when she had asked to buy all of the chocolates they had available, but she was too focused on getting out of there as quickly as possible and getting back to her Bucky.

After an hour or so she had everything she needed and started to make her way back down the main street until something in a shop window caught her eye, it was a silver pocket watch. It was nothing fancy, but it's simplicity is what had grabbed her attention and she knew Bucky would love it. Looking down at the ring on her finger she thought about that evening when Bucky had asked her to marry him smiling fondly at the memory.
Unfortunately as Lily was lost in thought she didn't see that she was being quietly surrounded by Hydra agents "Lillian, nice of you to finally crawl out from the shadows like the cockroach you are"

Lily's heart stopped as she turned to see her father scowling at her, she turned to run but she was met by two Hydra agents who quickly restrained her and turned her back to face her father.

"You treasonous cunt, you ungrateful little bitch. Hydra will make you pay for your insubordination, I WILL MAKE YOU PAY" with that Jonathan punched his daughter hard in the face, breaking her nose and knocking her unconscious.