Chapter 13 - A million hell holes

"Bucky? That's an unusual name"

"It's a nickname" he smiled.

"Oh right, what's it short for if you don't mind me asking?" Lily noted to herself that his smile was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.

"My full name is James Buchanan Barnes, Bucky is short for Buchanan" he winced as Lily started wrapping his wound back up in fresh bandages. "What's your name?"

Lily chewed her lip, wondering if she would be berated for giving her name up to this man. After a second she decided what the hell, what damage could he do with a name. "My name is Lillian Jackson, but please call me Lily"

Bucky smiled at her again "That's a beautiful name"

Lily smiled back at him. She realised what she had to do next and her cheeks flushed red "Erm.. I don't know if you heard what he said, but I have to um.. I have to bathe you so I'm going to have to undress you to some degree, is that ok?"

Bucky chuckled softly "You're not very good at this torturing stuff are you?"

"I do not torture" Lily huffed "My job is to take care of you, and despite what these people may think, you're still a human and I believe you deserve to be treated with respect, and since I am the only person here that will do that I take it very seriously. So I will ask again, are you ok with me undressing and bathing you?"

Bucky eyed her carefully, he couldn't help but wonder how someone as beautiful and sweet as this girl had ended up in the midst of a Hydra base and seemingly working for them. He nodded "Not quite the scenario in which I imagined a beautiful woman undressing and bathing me, but I'll take what I can get."

Lily blushed hard at the fact he had called her beautiful. She began carefully removing his shirt, followed by his boots, socks and trousers leaving him in just his underwear. Lily had never seen a man this exposed before, but damn, there was no way anyone could possibly look better than him outside of Mount Olympus. She stared at his muscled frame, her mouth dropped open slightly and she felt heat rise on the back of her neck. She shook her head to clear the thoughts of him and rolled her sleeves up before kneeling down in front of him and using a cloth and warm soapy water to wipe away all the dried blood and dirt from his hard chest, she licked her lips as she watched droplets of water roll down his stomach and on to the waistband of his underwear.

Bucky watched her as she washed him, her touch was gentle and her eyes full of compassion. "Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

Lily looked up at him through her eyelashes and smiled sweetly "Ask away"

"You're American right?"

"Sure am"

"How did you end up here? In Hydra?"

Lily stopped what she was doing and looked cautiously at the door to the room trying to figure out if she was safe to talk freely. She turned back and looked Bucky in the eyes and sighed "I might not be strapped to a chair, but I'm just as much a prisoner here as you are. My father is a high ranking member and I just got sucked in to it, so now I just do what I can to survive"

Despite the fact that he was the one strapped to the chair and knowing he was going to have to endure torture and god knows what else, he currently had no thoughts of concern for himself, only for this girl in front of him who was just as trapped as he was. He was a soldier, he was trained to endure this, he knew the risks when his number was called and he went off to war. This pure hearted beautiful woman in front of him had been dragged in to this unwillingly by actions of an ignorant man. "I'm so sorry"

Lily chuckled "You're not very good at this prisoner stuff are you?"

Bucky laughed with her "I guess not"