Bonus Chapter 2

Monday

I trudged down the stairs, my mouth wide open as I yawned and rubbed my eyes. When I got downstairs, I saw that everyone was already awake and were seated at the dining table, eating and chattering.

Puzzled, I sat beside Neri and piled food which consisted of chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and gravy on my plate.

"Why didn't nobody wake me up to come eat breakfast?" I grumbled, quite starved.

"Hey babe." Neri smiled at me, breaking his conversation with Race and Icy.

"Hey." I glared at him, upset that he didn't wake me up too.

He rubbed his neck and tried to get into my good books once again. "I saved a seat for you."

I pondered on his words before giving a nod. "Alright. You're forgiven." Then I turned to the rest. "What about y'all? Any explanation for your misdeeds?"

"We did wake you up. And this isn't breakfast, it's lunch." Blue pointed out.

I glanced at him, bewildered. "What? How's that possible?"

"We made attempts to, but you kept claiming that you slept late and so couldn't wake up early. Yet we were all here when you slept by 8pm yesterday." Diane said.

I chuckled, and then stuffed my mouth with more mashed potatoes so that my voice ended up coming out muffled. "That's late for me."

"Guess you're still the same old Peaches after all." Maho said from across the table.

I licked the gravy off my lips and glared at him. "Maho, go sit in the naughty corner and ponder on what you just did."

"Haha. Very funny." He quipped, rolling his eyes.

I smiled and gave him a peace sign, before turning back to look at my best friends who sat opposite me. "Snow, how are you feeling today?"

She smiled and rubbed her belly. "I feel good."

Blue motioned to the chicken breasts on my plate. "Peaches, are you going to eat that?"

"Yes." I gave him a look filled with warning as I covered my plate with my hands. "Don't you dare touch them. Although, I wonder how we got these."

Blue stabbed his chicken with a fork and he scooped the meat into his mouth. "I won't ask. I'll just eat."

I stroked my chin and thought aloud, so loud that everyone at the table could hear me. "What if these aren't chicken breasts? What if they are a hawk's own?"

"Ugh."

"Eww."

"That's disgusting."

"Who should go sit in the naughty corner now?"

Of course, Maho would still be thinking about that.

"Would you like to take a walk with me after lunch?" Neri asked, taking a bite out of my chicken.

"Yes, we would like to." Les answered and everyone chorused their affirmation round the table.

"What? No, I didn't mean...Like, it's just me and–" Neri spluttered, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked for a way to get rid of them.

I placed my hand on his arm and whispered, "It's okay, babe. Let's just manage them. They are a package deal after all."

He sighed, but nodded nonetheless. "It's okay, I guess. I'll endure even the hot sauce of volcanoes to spend time with you."