K

November 25, 2017.
Saturday. 9:12 pm

I laid on my bed, pondering all that had transpired in this past week. After all I had gone through in life, I still chose to find a reason to live no matter what life had thrown at me. But now, I'm getting frustrated. I really can't comprehend what's going on.

Why is my head so big? How did this come to be?

I have become someone people don't want to associate with. Everyone that sees me would either scream in shock, recoil with disgust, laugh at me, or tell me to go back to my planet. Some even added that maybe I was from Jupiter, that's why my head is similar to the planet.

Tears formed in my eyes and rolled down the sides of my face, seeping into my hair.

I feel so bad.

Even though there are some people who are still with me, namely my gang members who to my surprise are trying all they can to make me normal again but so far the two methods we have tried didn't work. At least, the only thing Jajajaja made us do was to move in circles and chant but what Minto did was far worse.

I sniffled, my mind wandering back to what happened three days ago.

We got to the temple quarter to one because Sugar and Beauty told us Minto liked keeping to time and anyone that was not around when "Assistance hour" starts would not be able to see him until the next day. This was because he operated by a first come, first serve basis and would meet only with the first ten people that were on the queue.

With the way they explained it, I thought there would be a lot of people milling around, wanting to be early so they could see him. However, when we got there, no one apart from the temple servants were present, and they even looked bored.

When it was one o'clock, they told us to remove our shoes at the entrance of the outer court and put on bubble wrap instead, so that as we walked the bubbles would be popping on the tiled floor. When Snow asked why, the temple servants told us that the sound of the bubbles popping helped Minto during his meditation.

Sugar and Beauty jumped right into it, because they were used it. I mean, they did this every other week or something. But the rest of us were too shocked, going speechless at the information we just heard. Eventually, we just had to do what we were told to do.

We were then directed to sit in the sacred waiting room, and to keep popping the bubbles even though we were already sitting. Once someone was done popping all their bubbles, such person would have to remove the wrap and change it to a new one given by the temple servants. Because of this, our legs began to ache but we weren't allowed to stop until Minto was done meditating.

By now it was thirty five minutes past one and it was time for him to come meet us, so we were instructed to move into his inner court and remove the bubble wraps because he was done meditating and didn't like noise.

I shook my head. Really?

We all removed them, then tiptoed into his inner court, being led by the messengers. When we got inside, we were about to sit again when they told us not to. Instead we were instructed to stand straight and begin to sing the national anthem because Minto was patriotic and it soothes him to hear the national anthem being sung. We were further informed that it helped in calming him and enabled him to think with a clear head.

Too shocked again to complain, we complied by putting our hands above our breasts, belting out the stanzas as if our lives depended on it. Well, mine did actually.

As we were on the second stanza, Minto skated in.

Yes, you got that right.

He skated in. He wore flowing white robes which were billowing in the breeze as he came in, smiling in satisfaction when he saw our positions.