A

South Park, Los Angeles, California. April 2nd, 2015.

I trudge to the rail tracks in the dark, my mind almost blank and my body numb. Despite the state I was in, there was only one thing on my mind.

The wind was blowing and I guess I'm supposed to feel cold but those feelings are past. Feelings are for those who were considered human enough.

I wasn't. I had been dehumanized enough.

My parents had died in a plane crash. That was the beginning of our end. My siblings and I, all four of us, were dumped on an unwilling uncle. I was the second child, having an elder brother before me and two younger girls after me.

My uncle subjected us to inhuman treatment. He made his bodyguards whip us repeatedly and when my brother finally summoned up courage to stand up against him, my uncle nearly killed him.

Then one day, I caught my brother trying to commit suicide. I stopped him and convinced him to run away, making him promise that when he was truly powerful enough he would come and rescue us from this hellhole we were living in. He promised and I helped him to escape because I knew that if we should all try to escape, it would be a messy job and because of my younger sisters who weren't strong enough to run, we would probably be caught and severely dealt with.

When my uncle found out my brother was gone, he intensified his wickedness. My brother was 17, I was 14, my younger sister was 9 and the youngest was 4. Now I'm 19 and I can't take it anymore. I'm too tired to go on. Too broken to hold on.

I just want to end it all. I hope my sisters can forgive me for leaving them behind.

This is my only escape. I know my uncle has men all over the place who would not hesitate to catch us and take us back if we tried to escape from him. I won't even be here to see whether my brother is still alive and would still come back for us like he promised.

Thankfully, my uncle poured most of his rage upon me and left my sisters out of it. They still suffered from his wickedness though but at least I'm glad they are untainted and unscathed. I couldn't even run away with them because he keeps them locked up in a room from dusk to dawn every night. I'm sure he uses that to silently taunt me, because he knows I'll never escape without my sisters.

This is why I want to quickly end this before morning comes, because I can't take this anymore.

I stand directly on the tracks, the wind blowing my hair in several directions. I hear the sound of the train from afar and see its lights illuminate the surroundings.

Good.

In minutes I'll be free from all this sorrow. I hope my body is crushed beyond recognition, that's my last wish.

I saw the train getting closer and I close my eyes, taking in a deep breath. My hands are trembling and my knees are wobbling but I could care less. I'm not backing out of this.

I could feel the train really close as the ground began to vibrate. I allow myself a smile. I'm beginning to feel liberated.

The train is about to hit me when suddenly someone grabs me from the right and shoves me off to the left, holding me tight as we both roll over on the sand.

Ugh, is this a movie? Why did this person save me?

I laid on top of the person, still being held tight as both of us breathed heavily. After a few moments the person turns me over, laying me gently on the sand before standing up. With the moonlight, I was able to make out the fact that the person was wearing pants and a shirt, and had a head full of short dark hair.

Most likely a guy. He didn't look at me as he walked towards the train tracks and crossed over to the other side, back to wherever he came from.

I sighed. This wasn't supposed to happen. He should just have left me alone. I would have gone, albeit not peacefully but still would have ceased to exist on this side of life.

I'm not thankful to him, whoever he might be. I wish he had come two seconds later, all he would have met would have been my mangled body under the train.

Well, now that things didn't go as planned, I might as well go back to my uncle's home till I have another opportunity to do this again.

I go back home and slip in, thankful that my absence went unnoticed. They were all asleep so I went to sleep too, with the hope that one day I would sleep forever without having to worry that my uncle would punish me if I woke up one second late.

******************
Thanks for still reading on. I'm extremely grateful.

Do you like the chapter? Please vote and comment to let me know.