M

I sat up straighter on the couch on which I was sprawled, my ears perking up at the sound I just heard. "What was that?" I asked curiously as I went to the window to check.

All of a sudden Blue and Snow materialized at both sides of me, the three of us now staring out of the window.

"What?" Snow asked.

"Didn't you hear that?" I enquired just as the sound was heard again.

"Oh, that?" Blue asked as he sucked an orange noisily, making sure no moisture was left inside.

I winced, feeling sorry for the poor fruit. "Yeah, that."

"That is the Christmas special organised by gangs for gangs." Snow explained.

I nodded. "Oh... So what happens then?"

"Well, all gangs are supposed to participate in the Christmas special. It is a carnival that consists of games, food fest and you know, just fun in general." Snow explicated further.

I nodded again. "Sounds cool."

"It is." Icy piped up, trying to get my attention.

I knew he was the one that spoke but I didn't turn to look at him. He has been trying to talk to me for sometime but I have been avoiding him which has not been so easy considering the fact that we live in the same house.

"But we don't participate." Snow said sadly.

I turned my attention back to her. "Why?"

Les snorted. "Cause we too cool for that."

I shrugged. Wasn't really interested in it, until I turned to look at Blue and Snow who were trying to give me a signal or something - I'm not so sure though but Blue kept winking while Snow was coughing loudly and repeatedly.

I smiled and walked to my room, both of them following closely behind.

I entered and plopped down on my bed while Snow sat on my chair and Blue sat on the carpet. "Yes?" I enquired, wanting to find out the reason behind the secret signs they were giving me earlier.

Snow began. "Actually, we want to participate but since the others are not interested we can't."

I was bored and it showed through my tone and facial expression. "How so?"

"The thing is, all gangs that wish to participate must show interest. And it takes at least three members of the gang to register the gang's name to enable the gang to participate." She told me.

"Oh, okay." I was checking out my fingernails by now, deciding whether I should colour them a pretty pink or a glittery maroon instead.

"Yeah, and we-" She pointed to her and Blue, "are the only two that are interested in the Christmas special. But unfortunately, we don't make the cut for the minimum amount of people that can register for their gang."

"Oh... I understand better now. I'm so sorry about that, and I sincerely hope you find the last person to complete you both." I sympathized with them before standing up and proceeding to walk out of my room.

"Whoa! Where are you going?" Snow asked.

"Back to civilization." I replied as I pointed to Blue who had sucked the orange dry and was using his fingernails to pick his teeth as he sat on the carpet.

She rolled her eyes, brushing his abnormal behavior off with a wave of her hand. "Don't mind him. Aren't you interested in participating too?"

I sighed. "I don't know... If the others don't want to participate, why should we force them to through our own inconsideration?"