32| It haunts me

M A L A C H A I   D E A V Y

"So we sent a drone out last night and sat it somewhere hidden. We could set it off again and see what we can spot," Kendrick mentions as he slides his laptop up into the table next to his breakfast.
"Imagine this is all for shit and we find nothing," snorts and sits at the table as well.

"So boys, what are we doing today?" Esther, Kendrick's gran, asks as she pours some tea for herself. "We've got to see if we can actually go through with this mission." Kendrick mutters as he connects a controller to the laptop which he can steer the drone with, before finally starting it up.
We all gather around the laptop and watch.

He flies up from amongst a pile of stacked wheat and we see a field, wheat stacks upon wheat stacks sat splattered across the land and a farm house which looked old, rusty, but lived in.

"This seems promising." Colton mumbles and I stay quiet, snacking on the sandwich Esther had made for me- she makes some fucking great sandwiches.

"Get closer to the window." I lent in closer to the screen.

Flying slowly up to the window, indeed we spot Cig who was surrounded by laptops, typing up things and writing things down on his notepad.

"Can we try get a zoom in on what he's got on his laptop?" I suggest and he zooms in onto some sort of website with information one people.
He made a few clicks and opens up a page.

He was wiping out yet another one of his clients, i'd guess, from the system.

"We've got our guy." Val finishes his pancakes and gets up. "Where's Lilith anyway?" He asks, washing off his plate and handing it to Esther who was drying and putting it away. "I think she went on a little wander into the woods, dear." Esther replies.

L I L I T H   O R T I Z

I saunter through the greenery in the woods, it was blustery outside today but I wore Kendrick's hoodie which Grandma had given me.

Nature was always something that brung me down to earth with the serene and mystical atmosphere it created. Being deprived of the normal outside world for so long, it was something I found myself in need of once I experienced it.

This was my favourite place. Butterflies, colourful birds, deers and animals living somewhere amongst the forrest; living an unbothered life.

I sat on a log which has a little mark on it.

L+K

I got close to Kendrick over time, and a while after, trusted him with my secrets.
Me and Maya accepted his flaws and trusted the man with our souls.

He was to be sacrificed into the mafia for an alliance by his adoptive mother who seeked protection and shelter. When he found out, he had made it his mission to escape from his mother's wings and found a close relative, Esther, who took care of him.

It's crazy how he could have escaped this entire situation if only his biological mother had chosen to stay with him. But due to other circumstances, that wasn't an option and Kendrick didn't blame his biological mother for it.

Kendrick had a twin sister that he told millions of stories about. She was a brave, intelligent, young woman with a dream to flee from this world of terror with her childhood sweetheart, only to find out he had betrayed her.