25| Anger

L I L I T H O R T I Z

Malachai came stumbling in, Val clinging onto his broad, muscular, hot-
Stop.
Val clinging onto his shoulders for dear life.
I rush after them into the nursing room along with Valerie.

"Fucking hell." I mumble as I take to Val. A few nurses we hired for our personal need, are already beginning the procedure of getting the wood out of his leg. "Ma'am it would be really helpful if you let us do our job. We will call you over as soon as we're finished this main area," the woman states and I nod, understandingly, walking out of the separate room to see Valerie trying to pick out the individual splinters from Malachai's back.

"Valerie just get it over and done with." Malachai groans as she flinches every time she picks one out.
"I don't know how to fucking do it!!" She yells back at him.
I lean against the wall, watching both grow more and more frustrated.

I laugh a little too loud and they both look over at me, "What?" She snaps and I burst into laughter. "Nothing nothing," I continue laughing.

I begin walking over, "She can do it just fine." Malachai mutters, "Yeah, I can." Valerie agrees, "Oh, she can?" I laugh again before moving closer and taking my hand out for her to pass me the tweezers.

She thinks over it and passes me them at last, huffing as she shuffles over a tiny bit, "Don't you fucking dare." Malachai growls but I roll my eyes and sit down anyways.

I move my hand towards him when his hand stops me.
I wait to see what he does but all that comes is a sigh before he lets go.

My eyes widen at the tense muscles. How does one have such Godly features? It was surreal. His shoulders were broad, it wasn't as visible in the hoodie he was wearing previously today but now, now it was something breath taking.

Stop.

I lay my fingers gently on his skin, drawing my finger down, I locate the first splinted, removing it with no hassle. Valerie sighs at my pace.  I repeat that a few more times before being sure I got rid of all of them.

"Let me get that," Valerie points towards his bleeding temple. "Let her do it." He says it gently and she sighs but nods, walking out.

"That's bleeding like crazy." I mumble, getting what I need to clean it up. "Oh really? I didn't fucking notice that half of my fucking blood was spilling out of the side of my head, thanks for letting me know." He snaps and I roll my eyes, dabbing the cotton into the alcohol and beginning to disinfect the wound.

Fucking piece of shit.

"What was that?" He grumbles after a while, playing with one of his rings. "What was what?" I stop the dabbing, thinking I must have dabbed in the wrong spot or something.

"You almost kissed him." He states. "The wound's not that deep, it should heal without a scar." I disregard his question, grabbing a needle and thread to stitch it up.

He grabs that hand and twists it so the needle is pointing into my neck he presses down on it, piercing a line through my skin for the blood to form. "Don't ignore my questions," He warns.

I snatch my hand away from him and hold his head steady as I switch the needle out and begin to stitch, "Well, I didn't." I mumble, biting my bottom lip down as I focused.