18| Fucking hell

M A L A C H A I   D E A V Y

"And this is my son and his friend" my father introduces me to two men who are wearing camouflage outfits and holding guns in their hands.

One of which looked around forty or so, brown skin, with black hair and stubble. His left ear looked like it had been bitten off at the top and his eyes showed nothing but darkness. Scars filled this man's face with tragedies of his past which he carried with pride, i'm sure.

On the other hand, the other man looked somewhere in his twenties, his brown hair slicked back and a fresh scar on his neck in the shape of a semi circle. It seemed as though he was new, no further scars were visible and over all his stance was less powerful than the other man, whom had no facial expression as he peered down at us with nothing more than disgust burning through his eyes.

"When you filled in the form, you said they were in good shape" he looked back up at my father, "Your
son has no muscle, his body seems weak; he's literally shaking out of pure fear. So is his friend, although that one seems to be overweight" he scoffs. "You are here to train them, do with them as you please, just get them ready" my father responds nonchalantly.

The soldier sighs, looking down at us once more and whispering something to the man beside him, "Follow me," the younger guy states and leads us towards the building.

It seemed like it was made of steel, the doors had high security which was impossible to break through, you had to wait a while for them to open because of the amount of security that was inside of the doors themselves.

There were no visible windows and when the doors finally opened we were revealed to a enormous garage like space. Army planes, tanks, trucks and other vehicles of those sorts filled the gigantic space. Soldiers upon soldiers, walking about the area with younger boys and girls, around our age.

"NEIN! MACH ES NOCHMAL!" a foreign language echoes through the large space as a soldier yells at another boy whom seemed to have done something incorrectly; making both me and Colton jump.

"Puedes quedarte en esta habitación," the man speaks up as we finally arrive at the door with a window at the top and a steering wheel-like handle which he twists around to reveal a room for four.

"Huh?" Colton speaks up as we both look at him in confusion. "It's Spanish for, 'This can be your room,'" he explains as we both slowly enter the low-lighted room. "Would it not be easier to speak English?" Colton asks as he attempts to flop onto the top bunk, only to find out it was a thin mattress on a metal panel which was attached to the wall. "Throughout this course, you will be learning multiple languages including, German, Italian and Spanish," he informs, handing us both a small bag of supplies.

"Course?" I ask, sitting on the bottom bunk, going through the items we have been supplied with. A tooth brush, tooth paste, comb and a bar of soap. "Yes, we will be training you" the man replied, taking a small notebook out and jotting things down. "How long will it last?" I ask, "twenty-four months, any underlying medical problems?" he answers and begins to ask questions which he read off of the sheet.

I'm sure it took me and Colton aback when he told us we were staying there for two whole years. I had already spent a bunch of years in the boys home, coming out a sixteen year old, I thought I was finally free. But no, i'm imprisoned once again.