31| Vulnerable

L I L I T H O R T I Z

I've stuffed myself with too much cookies and all I could do was sit on the couch whilst everyone else made themselves useful somewhere else.

A call vibrates through my ass before I arch up in order to get it out of my back pocket. "Hola." I greet, clicking through the channels on the small tv. "How are things looking?"
"Not even polite enough to respond to my greeting." I sigh dramatically, shaking my head as if she can see me.

I stop at some soap drama of a woman and man arguing in Spanish.

"My apologies madam." She puts on her best English accent. "Greetings from the wealthy lands of Washington." She adds a little enthusiasm this time, making my my lips tilt upwards.

Wrong part of the world for the accent but 'A' for effort.

"In regards to your last question, we're setting up the drone tomorrow to stalk on little Ciggy." I reply in a posh accent. "When will yo-"
"Julio you stupid fucking idiot! Rosalina was faithful to you from the start and this is how you act?" My rapid Spanish cuts her off when Julio admits to his disgusting affair with the maid. "Men." I scoff, shaking my head, sliding down on the couch so i'm stretched across the whole length.

"Am I interrupting something?" She questions before shushing screaming Josiah in the background. "Not at all. Go ahead; speak." I encourage. "When will you be g-"
"Quien-" I was about to go on another rant, "Shut your mouth, Lilith!" Maya catches my attention and I mumble at the tv furiously whilst listening to her ask me about the further plans which I then respond to before the topic switches. "So what's up with the whole situation in the car with Malachai?"
Word really does spread around faster than I can even blink.

"Had a little thought and he just so happened to witness me having it." I scowl, growing slightly annoyed at everyone's sudden attention on the situation. She gives me a motherly scolding for letting my mind get the best of me before Josiah invades the phone.

"Lili, I think mama needs a colouring pencil."
This kid utters the most random shit. "Since when are we lying to Lili?" I can almost see Maya narrowing her eyes at the kid before he huffs and announces. "My birthday soon, I want pencils with colours."
Silence.
"Please." He adds after, I'm guessing, Maya had threatened him with her glare again.
"You can count on me. I'll buy you the biggest, most colourful set." I try to keep calm whilst I watch Julio reach for a vase.

"Not her grandma's vase! Motherfucker!" It had slipped from my mouth but thankfully Maya had snatched the phone back into her possession.
"Okay i'm leaving you because my ears hurt." She mumbles and I huff her a goodbye before throwing my phone onto the floor to indulge into the scene.

"You really don't seem to know how to keep quiet." I snap my head to the doorframe just in my sight, with Malachai's amused self leaned up against the frame.
I look back to the tv, ignoring the fact that his intense stare was burning me up like some horny teenage girl. Which I technically am. Physically.
"Never been the type to shut up."

"Is that so?" I hear his steps moving closer to the couch, ignoring my body tingling with each step.
He leans his hands against the back frame of the couch, looking down at me.
I'm too mesmerised by his beautiful eyes on me to reply to whatever he had said.

Rosalina was now fucking Julio loud and fast in the background and I rolled my eyes, sparing a glance a the two. "She's so forgiving, it hurts."
"She knows who she belongs to at the end of the day." He responds, my eyes flickering back to his.
Amusement flashes through them as though it was a challenge, and I was willing to take it.
"She doesn't belong to anyone." I retort, holding his overwhelmingly warm gaze on me- it flushes warmth through my body.