4. And it gets crazier

Mal pov:
Me and Kaylee were in our room.
"But we're in pairs that were made by this world? How silly." I said softly.
Kaylee chuckled.
"Yeah, but there must be a reason. I mean, maybe it's some kind of riddle. We get orders and eventually we can go back."
"Would you think?"
"I have no idea. I'm just making something up."
"Maybe it is."

Moments later, an envelope was shoved under the door.
Me and Kaylee looked at each other in surprise and she picked it up.
"To Kaylee and Mal..." she read.
She fumbled open the envelope and took out a letter.
"Kaylee and Mal, your assignment for the coming week is simple. For the next week, spend the next week keeping the atmosphere good. From EverTown?" She looked at me in surprise.
"EverTown is where we are now, isn't it?"
"A world cannot send a letter!" I snatched the letter from Kaylee and stormed into the hallway.
"Okay, who wants to be funny?!" But to my surprise, one of each pair stood at the door with a letter in their hand.
"What the hell is this...?" I said confused...
Everyone shrugged and went back into the rooms.
I looked at Kaylee.
"Okay... This is strange..."
"Yeah, are we going to do this assignment?"
"I don't think we have much choice..."
I sat down next to Kaylee on her bed.
"There's something strange about this world..." I muttered.
Kaylee shook her head.
"EverTown... It was on that sign and now this letter... That's not right..."
"Wait a minute..."
Kaylee and I looked at each other at the same time.

Zed pov:
A letter had been shoved under the door and Skye picked it up.
"For Zed and Skye. Your assignment for the next week is to learn to trust each other. From EverTown." Skye read.
"But I already trust you... Don't you trust me...?" I asked confused.
Skye gave me a guilty look.
"I..."
"Seriously?!"
"You are a monster!" she said as if she had no choice.
"I'm a zombie. Not a monster. You said that yourself to Sean, didn't you?"
"Yeah, but that's because I knew he would attack you otherwise because Sean would never want anything to happen to me."
"So you lied...?"
"I don't think so... But my mind does... I'm sorry Zed..."
I sighed.
"People are always the same... In Seabrook it took a long time for people to accept the zombies."
"Zed..."
"Never mind Skye. I thought you made a difference. That you trusted me right away."
"What do you expect from me?!" she yelled with tears in her eyes.
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"You're a zombie who can't control himself! I'm scared of you. Happy now?!"
I wanted to say something but I couldn't. She shook her head and ran into the hallway.
I sighed.
After all, she was right. I had no control over myself... I looked at my Z-band and hesitated.
"Would it still work?" I had done it once in Seabrook. Then it worked fine... Kind of... Nope, it didn't then. I'm lying to myself but maybe it can work... It might hurt a lot but it could work... Yes I know it's dangerous... But I can't risk starks of being a danger anyway am for someone else?
Oh right, I already am... I sighed again. Everything seemed so perfect lately. Humans, zombies and wolves living together in peace... And now we are stuck in a totally different world with different worlds and with those twisted assignments...

A moment later I knocked on Eliza and Evie's door.
"Eliza, I think I have a plan..."
She looked at me doubtfully.
"You don't want to... do you?"
"That's right."
"Zed! That's dangerous!"
"I'm already a danger to everyone."
"Zed, that could kill you! You were really lucky last time. It's too dangerous!"
"Eliza..."

Skye pov:
I ran up the hallway and outside. Back to the lake...
When I sat there I felt really stupid.
Zed was hurt by me. Why was that in that letter? Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and I was shocked.
"Ah!"
"Skye, I didn't mean to scare you..." Sean said softly.
"Sean... Never mind..."
"Is everything okay?"
"No..."
He sat down next to me.
"What is?"
"That stupid assignment..."
"What should you do?"
"Zed and I need to learn that we can trust each other."
"And...?"
"He said he already trusted me and felt like shit that I didn't trust him."
"But that makes sense..."
"And thanks! He could become a zombie at any moment and no one knows when. I'm afraid of him."
"Seriously? But I thought you were just defending him when I made him look like a monster."
"Right... But that's because I think that..."
"You what?"
I shook my head.
"No, never mind..."
"Skye... You can tell me anything Skye."
"Not this..."
"Skye, I care about you."
"Wait, what?!"
"I had to say it... I'm still in love with you Skye, I've been thinking about you the whole tour."
"Sean... I..."
"But what were you just about to say?"
I looked away.
"Oh nothing..."
"Skye?" another voice said.
I turned around.
"Zed! Is something wrong?"
"Can we talk?"
"Yes of course."
I looked at Sean briefly.
"I'll be right back."
"Do you want me to stay close?" he asked softly.
"No, I have to trust Zed."