26. Smooth

Mal pov:
Sean wouldn't survive this. That was clear. Wynter sat next to him.
"Sean, it'll be all right..."
Sean already knew he was going to die, I think, and looked at Wynter weakly.
"I love you..."
Blood dripped from his mouth and Wynter sobbed.
"Sean, don't say goodbye. You'll be fine."
But Sean was already dead.
"Wynter...?" Harry tried carefully.
"No..."
"Wynter."
"No."
"He is dead!"
Wynter burst into tears and I knelt beside her.
"Wynter...?"
A tear slipped down her cheek and I looked at Harry and Josh.
But they also didn't know what to do. Wynter took Wyatt's necklace and Sean's watch and clutched them close to her.
"I'm so sorry..." I muttered and put my arm around her.
"Guys!" came Zed's voice, and Wynter looked up. When he and Eliza saw Sean lying there, they were shocked.
"What happened here?" Eliza asked.
Wynter glared at them.
"What happened at Evertown? He said you guys screwed up and he wanted revenge!"
"Huh? But Skye said we had to leave and she was the only one there..." Eliza said, stunned.
"You left Skye behind?!" Josh said angrily.
"That explosion at Evertown's meteor... Was Skye there alone then?!" Harry said in surprise.
Zed and Eliza looked at each other, startled.
"Shit..." Zed ran off and Eliza knelt beside me and Wynter.
"Evertown killed him right?"
"Evertown wanted to kill me but Sean saved me..." Wynter muttered.

Zed pov:
"Skye!" I yelled as I ran toward Evertown's meteor.
When I got there part of it had exploded and part was only damaged.
"Skye!" I cried again.
There was no answer and I entered the exploded part.
"Skye! Say something!"
There was a weak murmur and I looked back. "Skye?!" Vaguely I saw someone lying behind/next to a broken cupboard.
"Skye!" I ran to her and looked at her.
"Skye? Are you okay?"
She looked at me vaguely but made no response.
At least she was still breathing and I helped her up.
"It's okay, we'll be back with the others in a minute."
She mumbled something unintelligible but I knew she was in pain. That was a bit very clear. As I walked, I felt Skye weaken. shit! I had to hurry.
Would I risk taking off my Z-band so I could run faster? I looked at Skye and sighed. No, too much risk...
Just keep running. I could do that without zombie powers.

A moment later I came back to the rest. They had already taken Sean away and the rest was nowhere to be seen.
"Guys!"
Mal came up and she looked at us.
"Sorry we were busy with Sean."
When she saw Skye she was shocked.
"How come she's not dead?!"
"I do not know." I put Skye on the floor and the rest arrived as well.
"Skye!" Josh said.
Eliza and Mal teamed up to help Skye. Mal had Uma's necklace on and was able to reduce the wounds and Eliza helped with the rest.

Skye pov:
After a while I slowly opened my eyes. Zed, Josh, Mal and Eliza were seated around me and Wynter and Harry were standing a little further.
"Skye?" Zed said softly.
"Evertown... He caused that explosion... That's how Serina died... I..."
But talking hurt too much and I looked weakly at Zed.
"You have to watch out... Evertown... he wants to -"
But I got knocked out.

When I woke up a little later I was lying in my bed at the hotel and I was shocked. I shot up, yes that hurt and I ran downstairs.
"Where's Zed, Evertown Wants - !" But only Mal, Josh and Eliza were there.
"Skye, take it easy." Josh said quickly.
"Where are the others?!"
"Calm down first."
"Evertown has Zed for sure?! Harry and Wynter went after him. Zed is in danger and so are those two. If Evertown succeeds, all three are dead!"
"Skye!" Mal cried, looking at me.
"Harry and Wynter can do this. But you have to restrain yourself. You almost died. You have to keep calm."
"How?! Zed will be completely zombie with or without his Z-band because of that serum. It doesn't matter anymore!"
"Wait, what?" Mal looked at the meteor and Josh grabbed her arm.
"We would stay here with Skye. They can do this. Trust them." I understood Mal's reaction well, but I could understand Josh too.

Evertown pov:
Zed had just been fastened to the table with clamps.
The current would keep him in check and the serum 9-35 would be in his arm in no time.
Once it's in his blood he becomes a full-blown zombie killing machine! Then he would do most of the work for me. I gave a short chuckle and Zed gave me a dirty look.
"What do you want to achieve with this and what do you want to do?!"
"With this, you'll be a complete zombie whether you're wearing your Z-band or not."
Zed was startled when I said that and he tried to break free.
"It's no use. It's titanium. You'll never get that off."
"Why do you want to do this?!"
"So hopefully you kill a few people. That saves me work again and then someone else will kill you."
"That's what you thought with Sean, but that plan also failed!"
"But you are different."
Zed swallowed and I chuckled.
"Let's see if it works."
"Oh I didn't think so!" sounded the pirate kid's voice.
I turned and chuckled.
"Harry Hook and Wynter and the wolf bitch."
"Leave Zed alone!" Wynter said menacingly.
I was holding the handle of the serum pump.
"You're already too late. I pulled the lever and the serum entered Zed.
"No!" Harry and Wynter said at the same time.
Wynter wanted to attack me and I easily dodged.
Harry walked to the lever and I grabbed him his throat
"Didn't you ever learn not to touch someone else's stuff?"
"Pirates... Steal!" And he kicked my knee. I let go of him and he pulled the lever again. Wynter lunged at me but I stabbed a silver dagger into her heart.
"Wynter!" Harry said in surprise and I looked at Zed who already looked quite mustered.
"Good luck with that zombie." And off I went.