61 the freedom of the sea

Ben's arms surround Rey's waist. He soon understands that they are heading to the sea. Rey's hair whips on his face while his flies in the air. She stops in front of the beach.
"Should we go fully clothed or take them off?" Rey wonders.
"Half," he answers while he takes off his ripped shirt and trousers but keeps the rest.
Rey does the same and hand in hand, they run into the sea, ignoring the cold.
"Can you swim?" she asks when they arrive at breast height.
"Yeah, a little," he responds.
"Good then you can save me if I drown," she smiles.
Ben feels every part of his body against the water, so unusual since he didn't have to wash when he was dead. Rey closes her nose with two fingers and puts her head under the water. Ben watched her and when she comes back, she notes: "This is really salty."
"What did you think?" Ben answers and splashes water on her face.
"Hey," she protests but sends him water in the face too.
They keep splashing each other until Ben's hair is fully wet too. He smiles happily but softly every time Rey gives a sign of joy. She jumps on him and puts her arms around his neck. He holds her and they enjoy this touch again.
"I'm so happy," Rey repeats.
"Let's scream," Ben randomly proposes.
She lets herself down and smiles. "Okay."
Both of them scream into this wild nature to let all of the pain and suffering go that they endured the last months.
"Will you help me teach the Jedis?" Rey asks with a broken voice.
"That's what I planned." Ben can't stop himself from asking the question that burned on his lips. "Do you think they will accept me?" With a concerned look, he questions her.
"Yes, I hope so. My friends reacted so well, you were there. I believe in the people to start accepting. I will protect you no matter what. General Hux was murdered, but I promise it won't happen to you," she tries to comfort.
"Wasn't he dead?" Ben wonders.
"I don't know, I wish you could ask him."
"Well," he answers, not really feeling really better. "It's getting cold, let's go out."
They lie down in the sand on their clothes and wait until they dry. Ben grabs her hand and squeezes it tightly.
"I'll have to sneak you to my room, okay?" Rey says.
"Yeah, it's alright."
"Do you want to see my friends or only in some time?"
"Maybe tomorrow. I stay with you first."
She smiles and they look at the sky. The sun is setting on the sea, colouring the sky and water in pink and orange. When the sky turns blue, they stand up to go back to the base. She takes Ben's hand once more.
"It's okay, I promise you."
His heart calms down, keeping the normal speed when she is around – which is still pretty fast – but it's the first time he believes her. Or wants to. It is going to be okay. Always.

Aaaah! This is the last chapter and then comes the epilogue, which I'm super excited to post!