CHAPTER 7 - PROMISE

The next morning John B woke me up and we went directly to the HMS Pogue to picked up JJ, Pope and Kie.

As we were drinking a few beers, we saw an amazing boat coming closer to us. It was a beautiful red color, and it looked expensive.

"You guys see that?" JJ said pointing at the boat, coming closer to us. "That's a malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest weakester. Number one in luxury, quiality and performance. 200K easy" I smiled at his comment. I always found it cute when he talked about what he was passionate about. I turn my head back at the boat.

"We chose the wrong pearents" I said with my chin resting on my hand.

"Hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend" Pope said looking at the floor. Memories from the night of the party flew over my head.

The boat pass next to us, and Sarah looked at us with an overcome look, making me take my eyes of her.

"You act like you din't see us, bitch" Kie yelled at her, making a smile appear on my face. I've always wondered what happened between the two, but Kie never said for sure.

After a while of being in the water, everyone went home. JJ decided to stay with John B and I. My brother started going inside the house, and I followed him, but JJ stopped me.

"Hey Hope" He said making me turn around. "Wanna do something" He asked moving his leg.

"Something like what?" I smiled.

"There are good waves" He smiled back. I went to the porche and grabbed my surfboard. JJ was waiting for me on the shore with his board. I look at him and smiled before running towards the water.

I went as far as I could and waited for a good wave to come. I floated there for a couple of minutes until I saw the perfect wave to surf. I watched it from afar turn over from the ground below. I started swimming towards the shore, looking behind me. When the wave was close enough, I stood up and danced with the wave. I felt water splashing into my face and I couldn't help but feel complete. I caressed the water with my hand and looked up. I saw that the wave was closing, so I tried to speed up and get inside. When I was inside, I felt protected by the strong blue water. I went outside again and played a little, jumping and moving.

JJ looked at me from the shore with a smile I couldn't quite describe. "Come here!" I yelled laughing. He runned and sawm up to where I was.

We start swimming towards the shore. Before standing up on the surfboard, JJ winked at me and smiled. I felt butterflies in my stomach, but I ignored them. I smiled back and I stood up. I started to play with the wave, jumping and looking around. I saw J, and he was doing the same. He looked like he was having a good time. I continue to jump and I suddenly hear the water splash behind me. I look back and I see JJ in the water, holding into his surfboard. I start laughing and I don't realize that I'm still surfing, so I start to tremble and I fall into the water. When I come back up to the surface, I hear JJ laughing. I start laughing too and I splash water to his face. He looks at me and does the same. We start splashing water to each other and laughing.

Once the laughter stopped, he stared into my eyes for a little. I sat down in my board, letting the soft waves pass below me. He did the same, without breaking eye contact.

"What do you think about this whole gold thing?" JJ broke the silence.

"I obviously want it" I said looking into the sky, which was starting to get a pinkish color. "I guess after finishing school I'll travel the world"

"So you are leaving?" JJ continued to stare at me. I noticed a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I don't know. I haven't really thought of it" I said looking back at him. "I love my life here, or at least this part. But overall, everything is shit" I moved my wet hair away from my face.