CHAPTER 25 - SEASON 2

Hope's POV

"Rafe, please" I said once JJ was gone. "I really need your help"

"It just feels weird, Hope" He said. "I mean, you don't talk to me, ever, and then you come to me to ask for money."

"Well, do I have to remind you that you stole my best friends inheretance and melted it?" I asked him, making him look down. "Yeah" She nodded.

"Look, about that" He started.

"I really don't wanna hear it" She said annoyed. "You constantly say to me that you wanna change, and then you pull that"

"I am trying" He said.

"No you're not" I nodded. "You are not. It wasn't that hard for you to make the decition to melt a fucking cross. You did it, and you didn't think about it twice" He looked at me in pure silence. "You are not trying"

"I'm just" He started, scratching the back of his head. "I just feel like if I do what's good for me, like, the smart thing, then I gotta be really hard on someone else"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, sitting down in a chair across from him. 

"I feel like, I need to do something, for myself. For the first time in my life, I am trying to do something good for myself, but that means doing wrong to other people" He explained. "So what is getting better in the end? Helping myself is gonna hurt someone that I care about"

"Well, I think that, when you got a really though choice to make" I started, not really understanding what he meant. "The trick is to do the thing you'll regret the least"

He stayed in silence, taking in my words. The sun was starting to go down, and we we're running out of time.

"Listen, it's fine, I don't need your help" I said, getting up from the chair. Rafe looked at me.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "It's fine, is not a problem for me to give you money" 

"I know" I said to him. "It's fine" I started walking towards the stairs. "And about the other thing... I think you'll do the right thing"

"Why do you... belive in me like that?" He asked, getting up from his seat. "Every time you give me a chance, I let you down, so why still belive in me?"

"I don't know" I shrugged my shoulders before walking away from him.

As I walked back to the Twinkie, I got a call from Sarah.

"Sarah?" I quickly answred.

"Hope, listen to me" She said from the other side of the line. "I talked to Topper, he's giving up the charges" She talked fast.

"What?" I asked exited. "Really?"

"Yes" She talked fast. "I need you to be at the chateu tonight. I'll pick up John B"

"Okay, perfect" I said smiling. "Thank you Sarah, I love you" I said before hanging up.

I runned towards the Twinkie and got into the passenger seat.

"So?" JJ asked me.

"We don't need Rafe" I said to him out of breath. "Let's go to the chateu"

.....

It was completly nighttime when we arrived to the chateu. Kie, Cleo and Pope were already there, waiting for the rest in the tree.

The both of us got out of the Twinkie and walked up to our friends.

"Is Sarah here yet?" I asked impatient.

"Not yet" Pope answred me.

"Hey" Sarah suddenly appeared. "Thanks for waiting" She looked at us smiling. "Look who decides to come home"