CHAPTER 3 - SEASON 2

When Pope, Kie, JJ and I arrived to school, we were the center of attention. JJ and I snuck some alcohol to cope.

"Hey guys, chill out" Kie said when she saw us drinking. "Especially you Hope"

"If I black out, just don't remind me" I said scratching my forhead as JJ placed his arm on my shoulders.

"That's not funny" He said worried.

As the four of us walked in, we could hear everyone whispering. We stopped when we saw a memorial someone made for John B.

"This is bullshit" I said annoyed. "They don't know him" JJ gave me a squeeze on my shoulder to calm me down.

"I feel like people are staring at us" Kie said looking around.

"Oh yeah" JJ agreed.

"Guys, I can't be late" Pope started to walk away, but Kie stopped him.

"Hey. Hey" She said making him turn around. "We gotta stick together" They grabbed eachother's hands and JJ and I walked besides them. Kiara grabbed my arm and we walked inside.

It was the fith period of the day, and I was about to die. I was drwaing in my notebook when my phone chimed. I look over at JJ, and his phone rang too.

"Who's phone was that?" the professor asked. "Nobody?"

I look over at my screen and saw a message from a unknown number. "Did you get it?" I asked Kie, who was besides me.

"Yeah" She whispered. I look over at Pope and he nodded. JJ and I went in between Kie's and Pope's steats and we all looked at our phones.

We opened the mesagge and my heart skipped a beat when I saw a picture of John B and Sarah. I look at JJ and without thinking it, I got up and left the class. JJ followed me almost instantly.

The four of us walked rapidly through the hallway.

"We can go to the courtyard" Kie said as we all started running. JJ started to scream exited before he tripped with a bucket from the janitor.

We all continued running until we were outside. As soon as we crossed the door, I walked towads one of the blue tables. I stared at my phone in desbelif.

"Is it even possible?" Kie asked. "I mean, Shoup said that they didn't make it. He said that"

"Okay, but I... I think we're overreacting, 'cause we can't rule out the possibility that this could all be some kind of weird, cruel hoax" Pope talked quickly.

I noticed JJ grabbing his chest again. I squeezed his hand, trying to calm him down.

"I'm just gonna ask" Kie said lookin at her phone.

"What if it's actually him, though?" JJ said with hope.

"Guys, what if they are alive. Is it posible?" I said. I strated to move my leg rapidly up and down. I was getting way too nervous, so I started walking around. My head started to take control and I couldn't have a clear idea.

"Hope, calm down" JJ said when he noticed I was grtting too nervous.

"What if iy's actually them? What if he's not dead?" I said with my eyes filling up with tears. JJ pulled me into a tight hug.

"He responded?" Pope asked at Kiara, who had her eyes fixed in her screen.

"He's typing" She answred. We all looked at put phones.

Unknown
Is JJ there?

JJ
I'm here Bree

Unknown
Did you pimp my short board?

As soon as I saw that sentence, the tears in my eyes started sliding throug my cheeks. I started laughing of happiness. We all did.

"It's him" JJ said looking at me.

"It's him" I repeated with my voice breaking.

"It's definitely him" Pope said relived. Him and Kiara joined JJ and I in a hug. We all cried of happiness, not knowing how to react.

"Yeah!" JJ yelled into the air. He hugged me once again and lifted me into the air. We shared a passionate kiss before he let me down again.

"Laying super low in Nassu" I read the new mesagge. "How the hell did they get to the bahamas?" I said confused.

"You can't kill a Pogue dude" JJ smiled at me.

"Especially not John B" Pope added.

Unknown
Can you clear my name?
Wanna come home

"Hell yeah we'll clear you name boy" JJ said laughing.

"Be in touch. P4L" Kiara read the last message.

"P4L" I repeated.

"P4L" JJ screamed on top of the table. We all started yelling things into the air before hugging again.

He was alive. He didn't leave us. John B was alive.

We spent the rest if the day together. We skipped the rest of our classes after hearing the best news someone could ever give us.

We were walking out of the Wreck towards the dock. We were all jumping of excitement.

"I never doubted them" JJ said happily.

"I owe you five bucks" Kie said to my boyfriend.

"Hey Kiara" Her mom yelled from the distance. "I need those setups done by five!" She said.

"There are other people who work here!" Kie answred her, as she continued walking with the three of us behind.

"None of 'em are my children" Her mother said. Kie rolled her eyes and we all sat down in the dock.

"I feel that. On a deep, emotional level, I understand that" Pope sat down besides Kie.

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asked exited.

"Dude, there's no way we're getting to the Bahamas" Pope answred him.

"John B will get nabbed sooner or later, so if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it like yesterday" I said to my friends.

"I'll tell you how we do it" JJ said looking at me.

"Oh, so you have it all planned out?" Pope asked him.

"As a matter of fact, I do" JJ answred him, walking around. "We kidnap Rafe" He started, and I let out a laugh.

"I'm sorry, what?" Pope asked him, speechless.

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth, and just wait till he starts squawking" JJ explained to us.

"Not the gun again, JJ" I rolled my eyes.

"You know, torture's a war crime" Kiara agreed with me.

"Yeah, so, how exactly do you olan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell?" Pope looked at JJ. "Because that's a felony"

"All right, well, what do you got, Pope?" JJ asked him. "I was trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done" JJ sat down besides me and placed his hand on my leg.

"Guys, all we need is a material witness" Pope simply said. "We saw Ward's plane fly right over out heads, with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew it, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered" Pope explained.

"We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record" I finished Pope's sentence.

"How do we do that?" Kie asked Pope.

"A little light espionage" Pope smiled at her.

"A little ghost recon" JJ said impressed.

"Woogity-woogity?" Pope asked, miving his fingers.

"Woogity baby" JJ said exited as we all did the same fingering.