CHAPTER 15 - SEASON 3

JJ's POV

It was already dark when we arrived to the train tracks.

We climbed on top of one of the trains, to get a better view on where we should go.

Topper was waiting for us in his dad's car.

"There's like a 1,000 trains here" Sarah said frustrated.

"Well, we know it's car 750X on the track to Ralerigh" Pope said, pointing at one of the truck's in front of us.

"Yeah, so now we just gotta find it" I nodded.

"Well, newsflash, we are not getting out of here unnoticed with a giant cross" Kie looked over at us.

"We won't have to" Pope said to her. "We can nab it somewhere further in the country. Just gotta figure out how to stop the train"

"Right" Kie said sarcastically.

"Leave that to me" I said, making all of my friends look at me worried.

"How are you gonna do that?" Cleo asked me.

"I got an uncle up in New Bern, right? And when he got tipsy, he'd just throw an old chain across the tracks, just for shits and giggles. And that old little chain, would stop all the train traffic in all coastal carolina" I explained to her.

"A chain?" Hope asked me.

"He's actually right" Pope agreed with me. "There's a low-voltage current that runs across all rail tracks. Throw a chain on it, you close that circuit. It would read as another train. Crossing lights come down. Science is actually a pretty sound"

"Science" I nodded. "I know my science" Hope looked at me confused.

"Well, we don't have a chain" Hope looked over at Pope.

"No, but I bet Topper's dad has jumper cables in the truck" Sarah commented. "Would that work?"

"Yeah" Pope said to her.

"Yo, what's going on?" Topper's voice made us all look down at the parked car. "Are we doing this?"

"All right" Cleo said to us. "You all wait here. Me and Pope will go look for it and send a signal once we find it"

"Do we actually have a plan right now?" Hope smiled at us.

"Think we do" I nodded.

"That's impressive" Hope smiled.

"Let's not jinx it. Come on" Pope said as he and Cleo started walking.

The got off the train and started walking away, towards the tracks where te train we were looking for was gonna go through.

I'm the meantime, Hope, Sarah, Kie and I waited for them to be done.

We were still on the top of a train, waiting for them impatiently.

"What is taking them so long?" Kie asked, looking down.

"Pope, come on" I whispered to myself.

"There he is!" Hope suddenly pointed at a track in the distance. We saw Pope climbing it, pointing his flashlight towards us.

"That's it" Sarah said smiling.

The sudden noise of a train starting made us worried.

"What is that?" Hope asked my friends. We all stared at Pope as the train he was climbed on started moving through the tracks.

"Train's moving! Train's moving" I started stressing .

The four of us jumped out of the train we were on, and Sarah quickly went to talk to Topper, to ask his about the jumper cables.