CHAPTER 26 - SEASON 2

We finally made it to Island Club, and JJ quickly got off the car again. He started to grab stuff from the back of the car as I tried to ignore Luke behind me, coming closer.

"Hey" He started saying.

"Shut up" JJ said before his dad could say anything else. I look over at him, and he was staring.

"Make it quick" I said coldly, remembering our relationship right now. The both Maybanks started walking away from the car. "Hey Luke" I stopped them both. They looked over at me and I showed him my middle finger with a bright smile on my face. JJ rolled his eyes and continued to walk with his father.

I waited to the blonde to be back. As I stayed in the car in silence, I couldn't help my mind to drift to the day JJ and I made out promise. Everything was good at that time. We were just the five Pogues againt the world, and JJ and I were together. We were close, and no matter what happened between us. Nothing could tear us apart.

I look at us now, and I just can't stand the fact that we are in the same place, but we are apart. We are in the same line, but going into different direcctions. Our promise was gone, vanished into the air.

I missed him. It's only been a few weeks since we weren't together and it just felt like hell. And I wanted him to be back with me, holding me like he always used to do. I wanted to play with his beautiful blonde hair, and most importantly, I wanted to remind him how important he was in my life.

I came back to reality when I noticed the boat already going away. With this thoughts, I quickly got off the car and started to walk towards him.

As soon as I saw him crying, my heart broke into a million pices. I saw him vulnerable, with his eyes screaming for affection. I wanted to tell him that I loved him, that I was not leaving him alone and that I truly wanted to try and get better. But the words weren't forming. I couldn't make I sound. I only could stand there, watching him suffer.

I quickly gave him a strong hug. He burried his face in my chest and I wrapped my arms in his head, playing softly with his hair. I could feel the tears coming out of my eyes when I heard him cry.

After a few minutes, he pulled away, taking away from me that beautiful, intimate moment between us. I looked at him straight in the eyes, hoping that he was feeling the same exact thing I was. I waited for him to break the space between us. Just connect his lips to mine, but he didn't.

"We should go" He said sniffing. I looked down from his eyes, and we quietly walked to the truck again.

......

We finally arrived to the pond where the rest of the group was. We got off the car silently, trying not to think about what just happened.

"Where the hell were you guys?" Pope yelled angrily.

"Paternal complications" I said quietly, looking down.

"Did he do something to you?" John B, who was laying in between Sarah and Pope asked worried.

"Luke was at the Chateu" JJ said looking for the wich at the back of the truck.

"Oh, great! While you were having family time with your pops, John B got bit by a gator" Pope yelled mad.

"Like, for real?" JJ asked serious.

"Does it look like we're joking?" Sarah said annoyed.

"Well, can you be at least a little more sensitive?" I said with my voice shaking. I walked slowly towards John B. "What happened?" I asked him.

"I got bit by a gator!" John B yelled. I pressed my thumb against my palm trying to stop myself from shaking.

"I don't know why I'm being yelled at. I put my ass on the line going back to literal hell. A place I haven't been in ages because I was terrified. And the this bullshit with Luke happened and we couldn't just leave it for another day. So I don't fucking want to hear it right now!" I yelled to my friends, and they all started yelling on top of me.

"Shut up!" JJ suddenly yelled, making all of us silent. "Seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, all right? Everyone just cut it out for a second" He said leaning against a tree. "Look. I just helped my dad leave this island for good. Like, he's not ever coming back. He's straight up like the Spanish. Just, 'Bon voyage'"

"That's not the right language" Pope whispered.

"All we got... And I know for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it" JJ continued. "And I've come too close to losing you, all of you. I mean, shit, like you are being sent to bording school" He pointed at Kie. "Pope, you were kidnapped. Sarah, you've been shot. John B, you were almost dinner for a freaking gator, bro. And you, Hope" He now pointed at me. "You almost freaking drown, and I was starting to lose you long before that the same way I lost him. So, this blaming each other is some Kook-ass bullshit, all right? We don't do that. Okay? We're Pogues" He finished. We all stayed in silence, taking in what J just said. "Sorry, that was a lot right now. I didn't mean to..."

We all looked at eschother smiling before clapping at him. I looked at him smiling, proud of what he did.

"Well-done" Pope said smiling.

"I gotta be honest, that was the best freaking speech you have ever given" John B said. "Also, you should think about, like, a Rosetta Stone because your Spanish and French are flip-flopped" He joked, and JJ showed him both of his middle fingers.

"We should bon voyage out of here" Sarah said putting her arm up.

"All right, let's get this damn Twinkie out of here" JJ said getting the wich.

We got everything ready to pull the van out of the pond.  JJ connected the wich to both cars and we all got inside the truck, exept for the blonde boy, who stayed outside to give directions.

"We almost got it. Keep it going" He yelled from outside. "Easy! Easy! Easy! Sarah, to the right! Straighten out!"

"I am!" Sarah yelled at him from the driver's seat.

"Whoo! The Twinkie lives!" JJ yelled exited once the van was out of the disgusting water. We all started cheering happily.