CHAPTER 18 - SEASON 3

Hope's POV

"I just want to be alone, so leave me alone"

I walked away quickly, leaving JJ alone behind me.

With each step I took, I felt more and more guilt.

I went as far away as the chateu as possible. I walked around the island, not really sure where to go.

Most of the streets where empty. The few people they crossed my path recognized me as one of the girls who disappeared and came back.

I was near the water, close to a closed restaurant. I saw a empty bar that catched my attention.

I approached it slowly, looking to both sides to check that no one was around.

I stared at the close sign in one of the wodden posts of the small bar.

I looked around once again before jumping over counter and into the other side.

I grabbed a knife that was laying on the counter and broke the padlock that kept the freezer closed.

I stared at the cans of soda laying on top of the ice. I felt the cold breeze that was trapped in the freezer hitting my face.

I grabbed a cans and took it to my forhead, not being able to put up with the heat of the OBX.

I layed in the counter, with the can pressed to my forhead. My eyes drifted to the beer machine in front of me.

I hesitated, without taking my eyes off it.

It is hot here. That beer is probably cold. It doesn't mean anything.

With that thought in mind, I grabbed the beer jose and started the machine. I felt the cold beer passing my throat for the fisrt time in months. I missed the taste.

I drank every single drop of beer, desperate to have more.

"Hope?" A male voice suddenly made me leave the jose down. I looked in front of me, and saw a attractive man. He had brown hair, and he was pretty tall. I looked at him confused.

"I'm sorry" I stood still behind the bar. "Do I know you?"

"I'm Oliver, from the bonfire, don't you remember?" As soon as he said that, my expression changed completly.

Shit.

"Oliver, yes, I remember you" I said akwardly.

"What are you doing?" He chuckled.

"Nothing much, you?" I asked, resting my elbows in the counter.

"Nothing much" He repeated. "Hey, you wanna go for a ride in my boat?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said hesitant. "You know, I am supposed to meet with my boyfriend later"

"It'll be quick" He insisted. "Besides, you look thirsty, and I got more beer in my boat"

"Fine" I sighted after a while of concidering. I crawled off the bar and followed him into his boat.

We started sailing around the island.

"There's beers right there. You can grab a drink" He said, pointing at a cooling box next to one of the chairs in the boat.

I opened the cooling box and took out a beer. I sat down at the edge of the boat as I opened it and started drinking it.

"So, you have a boyfriend now" He started conversation.

"Yeah, well" I scratched my neck nervously. "He was my boyfriend a while ago. But when we met, he and I we're broken up, and it was kind of a mess. But we're back together now" He nodded in response.