CHAPTER 17 - SEASON 2

JJ, John B, Pope and I were all in the second class of the day. It was only an hour that passed, but it felt like eternity.

I was texting Kie, wondering why she didn't come with us this morning when I saw John B drawing in a pice of paper the nicknames Sarah and he used to call eachother.

"You're gonna get her back. Don't worry" I said poacing my head in his shoulder. He looked at me with soft eyes.

"You will too" He said staring at JJ, who was rught in front of us.

"Glad you could join us Mr Roudlege" The teacher's voice made me sit properly again.

"It's good to be back" John B answred her.

"Just in time for your first quiz" She said, continuing to walk away. I looked at my brother with a worried look, and we all stared at Pope in disbelief.

"A test?" I whispered at him.

"I told you we had a test" He whispered back.

"No you didn't" JJ said rolling his eyes.

"The first thing I said to you-" Pope started explaining annoyed. We all started arguing in secret, but got interrupted by the teacher clearing her throat.

"Sorry" I gave her a fake smile. I turned my eyes to John B, and saw he was reading a paper.

"Bonfire CU there?" I read the paper out loud, taking it out lf his hands. "Oh shit" I laughed.

"Give it back" Mh brother said annoyed.

"Who gave this to you?" I asked him smiling.

"The girl right there" He said, trying to point at her in a way that wasn't obvios.

"Wow. First day single and you alrwady have a new girl after you" I said proud. He let out a small laugh before looking at the girl again.

....

"A girl wats John B at the bonfire tonight" I said exited to the boys as soon as we walked out of class.

"Bonfire?" JJ asked, taking the pice of paper out of my hands. Our hands brushed slightly at the action, making me blush a little. "Well, I think she meant to give it to me, so we're all good there. We're going" He continued. The comment hurted me a little. I remember in the past he used to say that type of thing lal the time, but now it was the first time that I really noticed.

"Yeah, we are totally going. I could use a new distraction too" I said, trying to catch JJ's attention. I saw him staring directly at me as soon as I finished talking, and I couldn't help but feel king of satisfied.

"Mr, Heyward, Mr. Routledge, Mr. Maybank, Mrs. Foster. Just the little group I wanted to see" Mr. said, making us all walk through a door.

"Wish I could say the same" JJ jokingly said.

"I have a question of an historical nature for you" He said as we all walked through the hallway into an emty classroom. I followed the boys confused. "I digitize documents for the Maritime Museum and in return, I've been given access to the archives" Mr. said as he opened a locker in the back of the classroom. "And I found this" He said taking a grey box and placing it on one of the desks.

"A box?" Pope said bored.

"More than a box" The profesor said exited.

"That's a start" Pope said under his breath. Mr. opened the box in front of Pope, and we all looked at it, waiting for Pope's reaction.