CHAPTER 12 - ONLY ONE KNOWS

The next morning, I opened my eyes next to JJ once again. I spent the night at his house. Nothing happened. We just talked, and kissed.

"Hey" JJ sits down in the bed and kissed my forehead.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Did you sleep good?" He asked.

"Yeah" I answred. "I was just wondering, we haven't seen John B in a while. Since the day of the drone. Do we know if he is still alive?" I asked him.

"No idea" JJ said getting up. "Why don't we go to Heywards and ask the other two"

"Sound good" I said, also getting up.

We arrived to Pope's house and Kie was already there. I was hoping something happened between the two. I sit down mext to Pope and I look at him, waiting for me to tell me something.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asksd concerned.

"What happened last night?" I whispered. Pope nodded, letting me know it wasn't good news. Before I could say anything else, Kie walked closer to us.

"Kie, I need to talk to you" I said pulling her to the side. "Something happened last night" I started saying.

"Is everything alright?" She asked worried.

"Yes, yes. But..." I start saying. A nervous feeling started forming at my stomach. I wasn't sure where to start. And I didn't know what to say. Mainly because I still didn't know what JJ and I were. Before I could day anything else, I got interrupted by Heyward.

"Hey Pope, there someone who wants to see you" He entered the room. Behind him, a police officer looked around the olace. I immediately turn my head to JJ, worried about what is gonna happen.

"Evening officer" Pope said nervously.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony distraction of property" The police officer said.

"What?" Heyward asked shocked.

"Hands where I can see 'em" The officer continued, getting closer to Pope.

"Whoa, Shoupe. What did he do?" Heywars asked the cop.

"You are arresting him?" Kie asked. She still had no idea about Topper's boat. Shoupe handcuffed Pope and took him outside. Everyone started to follow him. Everyone was speaking loudly, making me even mire nervous. I suddenly couldn't think straight. Pope was gonna lose everything.

"It wasn't him" JJ suddenly shouts from behind me. I turned around and he looks at me straight in the eyes. "It was me" He said now talking to the officer.

"JJ don't do this" I said getting closer to him. He started walking towards the cop, getting me off the way.

"He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad because they were mwssing with my friends" JJ looked at me for a second, and then he looks away. "I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit. I can't let you take the blame for something I did" He said now looking at Pope.

"JJ" I grabbed his arm, trying to stop him.

"JJ, what are you doing?" Pope asked.

"I'm telling the truth" JJ answred. "For once in my goddamn life I'm gonna tell the truth"

"JJ, come on" Pope started saying.

"Shut up Pope" JJ interrupted him. "Shut up" The police officer looked ag the two boys confused. "He's a good kid" JJ tried to convince the cop. "You know where I'm from"

"Yeah" The cop agreed, taking off the handcuffs from Pope's wrists. I grab JJs hand and he squeezed it. My eyes started getting watery when he let go.

"It was all me" He said walking towards Shoupe. He puts The handcuffs to JJ and the tears run through my cheeks. I felt Kie's arms holding me.

"They can't take him!" I start yelling, but the police car was already leaving. I let go of Kie's arms and I run towards the car, but it was already gone. I rest my arms on the top of my head as I ket go my tears.

I runned to John B's house and saw that he wasn't home. I threw myself in the couch and continued to cry. After a couple of hours, I heard steps on the porche. I looked  over to the door and I saw John B with his hair wet and a weird stripped suit.

"Hope, what's wrong?" He asksd sitting down besides me.

"JJ was arrested" I cried into his arms. He hushed me gently, to calm me down.

"It's gonna be alright" John B said slowly. "We will figure something out"

I continued to cry on his arms for a couple of minutes before I realize I haven't seen him in a while.

"Where have you been?" I wiped away my tears.

"I was looking for information about the gold" He said without looking at me. I stare at him for a few seconds.

"You are not telling me something" I said in a suspicious tone.

"I swar that's all" He quickly said.

"John B, you are my brother. You can't lie to me" I said without taking my eyes off him.

"Okay fine" He said, giving up. "I was with Sarah Cameron"

"A Kook?" I shout.

"Yes, a Kook" He repeated.

"Kie is gonna hate you" I said rolling my eyes.

"I know" He said frustrated. "What about you. What have you been up to these last three days?"

"Nothing" I look away from him.

"Hope" He started saying.

"Well, it's kind of complicated, you see..." I started saying, but John B cutted me off.

"Get to the point" He said quickly.

"Not even Kie knows it" I defended myself.

"What did you do?" He asked me.

"I may or may not have kissed JJ" I said, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh my god, finally" John B said relived and I let out a laugh.

"You will have to talk to me about this Sarah Cameron" I said trying to change the subject.