CHAPTER 17 -WE KNOW PART 1

The following day, we already knew where the gold was supposed to be. We went inside Twinkie and we drive to the location. We were looking for a stone wall.

"This looks like a stone wall to me" I said once we got to where we were supposed to be. John B stopped the car.

"This is it" Pope said looking at the house behind the wall.

"Not the Crain house" John B muttered as we all got off the van.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked to myself.

"Worst case senario" JJ said, making us look at him.

"Why'd it be here?" Kie asked as we all loked at the house. "Of all places"

"I heard Mrs Crain burried her husband's head on the property" JJ looked over to us.

"Okay, let's go" I said climbing the wall and jumping to the other side. The rest followed me and we walked around the old house covered in weeds.

"Look, you guys knows whose house this is, right?" Kie asked.

"Oh, yeah I do" JJ said creeped out as we walked closer to the house.

"Honestly, I don't really belive the stories of this place" John B said.

"Same" I replied.

"Which stories did you hear?" JJ asked me.

"The one where she killed his husband with an axe and that she has been holded up ever since" I said not caring. "On certain nights when the moon is full, you can see her through the window" I turned to JJ, trying to scare him.

"Hope, not funny. Cause it's all true" He said as we kept walking. "I swear to god guys, it's real. I knew Hollies, jeez" He then added. He jumped when he noticed a statue behind him.

"Wait, you knew Hollies Crain?" Pope asked.

"How did you know Hollies Crain?" Kie asked, not beliving him.

"She was my baby sitter. She told me all about it. Told me the truth about her mother and what happened in this house" JJ explained.

I look up and I notice something moving in one of the windows, maing me feel creeped out, but I continued walking.

"So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and that she was a murderer and all" JJ continued. "Hollies didn't belive it, until that night" He said in a dramatic tone.

"What night?" John B asked curiously.

"It all came back to her. When Hollies was six years old, she heard her pearents arguning down stairs, so she goes there to find her mom washing her hands in the sink, full of blood" JJ finished.

I started to feel uncomfortable at the place, and Kie looked around nervous too as Pope and John B looked at eachother surprised.

"Her mother said that she just cutted her finger, and the next morning, she just said that her and her dad split up, but then Hollies noticed something. Her mother going into the parlor constantly, with olastic bags. Week pass, and Hollies decided to to check it out, and when she looks down, there is her father's head, looking straight back at her" JJ finished.

"God, you're so full of shit" John B said to JJ.

"Dude, I swear god, man" JJ insisted. John B continued to walk, but JJ stopped him. "Are you sure you want to do this? She's and axe murderer. You got a cast on"

"I don't give a shit if she's an axe murderer, okay?" John B said. "I've got nothing to lose, right? You comin' ot what?"

"I am" I said getting closer to the boys.

"Come on" Kie said to the other two boys. We start walking a little crouched down because we were closer to the house.

"Here's the plan. We need to look for waht's near the water, like it said in the Denmarks letter" John B whispered.

"What kind of whater?" Pope asked. "Like, pond wahter?"

"Bong water?" JJ laughed, making my eyes roll.

"Just water" John B said.

"That's the shittiest secret mesagge ever" Kie said as we all continued walking.

"You want to complain more, Kie? Nobody said it was gonna be easy" John B said, kind of annoyed.

"I'll sheart the notheast quadrant, you search the northwest" Pope indicated JJ.

"The decapitation quadret" JJ said before separating from Pope. We all separate so it would be easier to find the water. John B and I end up together, in front of the house. I look at him with worry.

We keep walking and some brids start flying behind us, making the situation even scarier. We finally get to a little wooden door that seemed to go to the bottom of the house.