CHAPTER 2 - SEASON 3

Hope's POV

I sat next to JJ on the plane. We were waiting for Portis to start flying the plane.

Sarah, who was sitting right in front of me had the bottle of rum in her hands. I moved my leg quickly up and down nervously.

I haven't had a drink since I was at the OBX, mainly because I didn't have the chance. Our last days there we're completly full, and I didn't have a chance to grab something to drink.

This was the fisrt time that there was booze in front of me since the last time I drank, and it made me nervous.

"So, what were you doing all the way out here?" JJ asked Jimmy to make conversation.

"I got a little guide outfit in Saint Vincent. I was spotting fish" Portis answred.

"What were you spottin'" JJ continued.

"You know, the usual. Wahoo" As soon as he said that, John B and JJ looked at eachother. "I'd hang on to something. Get's a little spicy on takeoff"

We all holded on tightly to some black ropes hanging from the sealling of the plane. I scooted closer to JJ as I felt the plane raised from the land, and into the air.

Once it was more paceful, JJ looked over at me with a worried face. I looked at Portis, and he had his headphones in. He couldn't hear a thing.

I catched everyone's attention quietly, and they all stared at JJ and me.

"Wahoo don't run in September. Ever. All right?" JJ explained the group in a quiet tone. "So whoever this man is, he's not a fisherman"

"Maybe the run just starts earlier out here" Pope said in a calm tone.

"Are you sure about that? In the Caribbean?" JJ asked him.

"No, I know what this is" Sarah talked. "He's working for my dad. And he's probably been looking for us the entire time" Everyone stayed silent at her words.

"All right, we gotta find out" JJ breathed calmly. "Start looking for some sort of clues" He looked around.

I fixed my eyes in Portis's bag hanging from the pilot's chair. I tapped JJ's shoulder and pointed at it.

JJ shared a look with John B, and my brother started distracting the pilot.

"Hey, Portis" John B started. "How long you had this bird?"

As John B talked, JJ opened the bag and took out a book and a pice of paper. He started looking for something useful.

I took the book out of his hands and read the title. The loss of El Dorado.

I opened the cover and I saw a picture of Ward's boat. I looked at JJ, showing him the picture before Sarah took it from my hand.

"The Costal Venture. Oh my god" Sarah said quietly. "This is the boat we were on. With Eberhimi and the Cross"

"So he was looking for us?" Cleo asked.

"Exactly"

"He's working for my dad" Sarah said as JJ took the book from my hands.

All of a sudden, the plane started tumbling.

"Hey, you better hold something. We got some unexpected turbulence up here" Portis yelled.

"Guys, whatever it is, it's happening fast. Look" Kiara looked out the window. We all did the same, and saw land at the distance.

"That looks like Barbados. I've been there with Terrance" Cleo said.