| 07 |

It was Monica who had taken a shot to ask the other out

It was Monica who had taken a shot to ask the other out. Clint freaked out like a teenage girl from hours when they talked that night, he wanted to throw his phone across the room when she asked him out and it took him five minutes to reply with a simple 'sure'.

The next day at work, Natasha congratulated her friend for actually messaging the girl but laughed when she found out how he acted. The redhead helped Clint choose where they would go for dinner later that night by stalking all of Monica's socials to find her favourtie restaurant. They both agreed to meet at the coffee shop at six pm before their date.

When five o'clock rolled around, Monica began to get ready. She was nervous, there was no denying that, but she was also excited. When she stepped out of the shower she wrapped her hair and body with a towel before entering her bedroom. She held up two different dresses in front of the mirror as she tried to think of which one looked nicer. Monica sighed, turning to Buddy who laid peacefully on her bed.

"Which one do you think?" She asked the dog. He lifted his head, staring at her with no emotion. He blinked, tilting his head to the side as he began to wag his tail. Monica pressed her lips together,

"I knew it, the floral one looks better. Thanks, Bud." She said as she put away the other dress. Slipping into her bathroom again, she changed into the dress she was going to wear. Buddy wagged his tail excitedly when he saw his mother.

It was a beautiful baby pink dress with short, flowy sleeves and a soft 'U' neckline. Small blue roses were printed on the upper half of the dress and slowly faded away, the closer they got to the bottom. The dress hugged her waist and fanned out at her hips, cutting off just above her knee.

Monica smiled at her puppy's reaction, "If only all guys were as nice as you, Buddy." She said, pulling the towel that was wrapped around her head, letting her hair air dry for a while as she continued to get ready.

She added a thin black and gold belt around her waist and a golden necklace with a tiny heart. She also grabbed two different pairs of heels putting on one of each. She looked in the mirror, down at her feet to see with heel looked better with her outfit.

"Buddy, Open toe with the ankle strap or the closed pointy toe?" She asked, looking over her shoulder at the black lab. He gracefully jumped off the bed, walking over to her right side, sniffing her foot. Monica stared down at her dog, blinking a few times.

"I swear, it's like you actually know what I'm saying." She mumbled, shaking her head, "You have great fashion sense." She added, taking off the closed-toe shoe, putting on the other. Buddy returned to his spot on Monica's bed as she went to blow dry the rest of her hair. As she slowly pulled her brush through her hazel brown hair she pointed the hot air towards her wet hair.

Once her hair was dry again and back to its straight self, Monica decided to put on some light makeup as well as putting in her contacts lenses so she didn't have to wear her glasses. She took one last look in her mirror, smoothing out her dress. She put her phone in her purse and she was ready to go.

Monica quickly fed Buddy before hurrying out the door, not wanting to be late. She smiled at her neighbors as they smiled at her, said 'hello' or gave her a compliment on her outfit. She held her purse tightly as she walked to the coffee shop, waving through the small crowd of people. The sun began to set and the wind started to pick up.

She was the first one there, only a few minutes early. She leaned again the wall of the cafe, picking at the skin around her nails as she patiently waited for Clint to arrive.

"Wow."

a/n - sorry for another short chapter, I have a little bit of writer's block😅 I'm going on a family trip next week so there won't be any updates for a week or two