| 20 |

It took a while to completely unpack into their new house

It took a while to completely unpack into their new house. Their new, safe, house. When they first arrived, it was late afternoon, Monica's eyes scanned over the house and she fell in love with it. From the outside, it was a white two-story house, with a light green roof and forest green shutter doors on the windows. They had a porch that wrapped around the inter-house. There was a lot of open farmland for Buddy to run in, around the house, tall trees and an old, red, wooden farm shed.

Inside the house, there was some old furniture that was left behind. Brown, wooden floors and stairs. White, floor-length curtains on every window. The walls in the living room and kitchen were painted a light grey while the wallpaper in the hallway and stairway was a light yellow. There was a bathroom downstairs, that had lime-green tiles on the walls and wooden floors, as well as a laundry and spare bedroom. Upstairs there was the master bedroom, with added bathroom, and two other bedrooms, which all had grey walls and wooden floors.

It was perfect. Fury had good taste.

"We need sheep," Was the first thing Monica had said when arriving. "Or goats. Oh! Maybe Chickens."

"We are not getting sheep."

"But we could be farmers! Look at this land!"

They started unloading the moving truck and brought all the boxes and furniture into the living room, throwing away the old furniture that was left behind. The first thing the couple unpacked was some of the boxes for the kitchen and bedroom before calling it quiet for the night.

After that, boxes slowly started to get unpacked, moving in one box at a time. It didn't help that Clint was on missions. They fixed the peeling wallpaper and the leaking sink in the kitchen, making the space truly theirs. By the time they had finished unpacking, Monica's belly was starting to show, being a few months pregnant by now.

Clint had been sent on yet another mission, while Monica stayed home. She didn't have much to do now that they were all unpacked, but from all the stress of moving, unpacking, being in a new place, and being preganat, Monica almost missed the doctor's appointment she'd made for said pregnancy. It was nothing serious, just making sure that the baby was healthy and to find out the gender.

When the kind nurse asked if she wanted to know the gender of the baby, she shock her head and asked if she could write it down and put it in an envelope. Monica ended up leaving her appointment with a little red envelope with her sonogram photos, which she hadn't seen either, and a note with the gender. As she drove home, Monica remebered when she heard their baby's heartbeat for the first time. The way that her heart melted at teh sound, a small tear slipped down her face, she listened as both of their hearts matched together, beating at the same time.

After arriving home, Monica placed the envelope on the coffee table, promising herself that she wouldn't open it until Clint returned home from his mission. Whenever that maybe. Clint had told her that she didn't need to wait for him, but she wanted to. It was a special moment. The baby wasn't just hers, it was his too, and in Monica's head it only made sense that they did it together. Like a family.