| 13 |

"Pepper?" Monica called out as she opened the door to Tony Stark's fancy mansion

"Pepper?" Monica called out as she opened the door to Tony Stark's fancy mansion. Her coat folded over her arm, she gently pushed the door closed behind her. She was met with silence. The scientist hmmed to herself, as she slowly stepped away from the door.

"Good Morning, Doctor Watson."

"Hello, Jarvis," Monica replied, she nodded her head to the AI, "Is anyone actually home? Tony called me and said he needed help with something which is not like him," she added, looking around the living era. Nobody was there.

"Mr. Stark is down in his lab, I'll tell him you have arrived."

"Thank you, Jarvis." She said as she walked over to the spiral staircase, leading under the mansion. The sound of her heels clicking on the floor of the empty room echoed in her loneliness, only becoming louder when she began to walk down the glass stairs.

She saw a small amount of movement come from Tony's lab through the big glasses windows. Tony sat, spinning around on his chair, facing two computer screens. She punched in the code, making the glasses door unlock.

"I'd like to open a new project file, index as Mark II." Tony's voice was now heard. Monica quietly closed the door. 'What is he doing now?' she thought to herself. Monica stayed standing by the door as she let Tony finish talking to Jarvis.

"Shall I store this on the Stark Industries Central Database?" The AI asked. Tony span around in his chair, failing to notice his brunette friends standing nearby.

"Actually, I don't know who to trust right now." Tony explained standing from his seat, "Till further notice, why don't we just keep everything on my private server?" He said, walking around his desk.

"Working on a secret project, are we, sir?"

Tony moved the green hologram that floated over the desk. "I don't want this winding up in the wrong hands." He said quietly as he started deleting things off the hologram. "Maybe in mine, it can actually do some good."

"That's something new," Monica said, finally letting Tony know that she was there. "And how do you know you can trust me? What if I'm a spy?" She asked, draping her coat over the back of a chair.

Tony raised his eyebrow, "Because I trust my gut," Tony told her, turning back around to face the hologram, "and my gut tells me I can trust you because, besides me and Pepper, you have like two friends so who are you really going to tell about this." he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well whatever it is you need help with, we may want to speed things up. I have somewhere to be tonight and I don't want to miss it." Monica explained as she walked over to him.

Tony raised his eyebrow again, "You have a date?"

"I never said that it was a date,"

"It's a date,"

"Can we just get back to the topic at hand, please? What exactly is this?" Monica asked the playboy as she leaned against the desk, leaning on her palms as she stared at what Tony was looking at.