| 19 |

"Hey, Mon, you'll never gonna believe this

"Hey, Mon, you'll never gonna believe this. There's the crazy-looking moving truck outside, reckon Jack from downstairs is-" Mary stopped, halfway through walking into Monica's apartment, the waitress looked up from her handbag, noticing the cardboard boxes, scattered around the small apartment and people in black suits helped put objects in the boxes and carry them outside. "You're moving?" She asked, meeting the guilty look on Monica's face.

"Oh honey, it's really hard to explain. Sort of came up very last minute," Monica explained, making her way closer to her friend.

"Are you ditching me for the hot guy you're dating? What's his name, Clarke?" Mary asked, "You are, aren't you? Because if so, I had you first so he can't just take you like that. Also, he spends more time here than he does in his own apartment so why can't he just move in here so you can stay and not-"

"Mary,"

"-move away because you're my best friend and I don't want you to leave. How are we meant to do girls' night if you're all the way over at his place? Huh? It's not fair. What happens when I'm having a relationship crisis and need your advice and ice cream at 3 am, or what about our random midnight chats-"

"That was never a thing, but ok."

"-I had you first, you were my best friend before he came along. It's not fair. Doesn't Kent have a best friend?-"

"It's Clint,"

"-How would he feel if someone took them away from him? He'd be in my shoes and he'd know that it's not cool, it's not fair because I was here first-"

"I'm pregnant," Monica blurted out over Mary's upset rambling. The waitress froze. She stopped talking. She stopped her tantrum. She just froze. Not moving an inch. Monica didn't say anything either. She just curled her lips into a thin line as she waited for her friend's reaction.

Mary's jaw dropped, after comprehending what the scientist had said. "You're pregnant?" She repeated. Monica nodded her head slowly. "Is that why you're moving?"

Monica shrugged her shoulders, "One of the reasons," she told her, "I told you, Mary, it's really complicated. It only happened last minute."

"You really are pregnant?" Mary breathed. Monica nodded her head again. A giant smile slapped itself on Mary's face. She held her arms open wide, pulling the brunette into a hug. She smelt of a strong scent of coffee, mixed with a hint of freshly baked cookies and cinnamon.

"Oh my god, Monnie, this is amazing! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you." Mary said, swaying the two of them from side to side, their arms wrapped around each other. "Even though you're leaving me," she added under her breath.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry I'm leaving you."

Mary scoffed, "If I get to be the godmother, I'll forgive you in, like, 3.4 seconds." She admitted. Monica laughed, holding onto Mary tighter. The brunette buried her head in the waitress' shoulder. "Do you have to leave like straight away or do you have some time? We could get a coffee? Or, I don't know something before you go."