| 15 |

The bright, warm, orange sun rose into the sky, shining down on the world below it

The bright, warm, orange sun rose into the sky, shining down on the world below it. Shining into the windows of people's homes, telling them that morning had in fact arrived as it left behind a soft amber haze on the floors.

Cars drove up and down the busy streets as people hurried off to work. Dogs barked happily as they walked alongside their owners. Birds sat high up in trees or flew high in the sky, singing their own little. People waved their way through the sea of people on the sidewalk, all of them walking in opposite directions for each other, some talking loudly on the phone that was held tightly against their ear with a finger pushed inside the other in hopes it would block out the busy noise of the world.

With all this going on outside, Monica lay in bed and felt comfort. Her silky blankets were wrapped tightly around her body. Her head rested gently on her pillow, a warm pressure pressed against her back, around her waist and pushed against her kneck. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, tiredly scanning different parts of her room as she let out a heavy breath. Her eyes quickly adjust to the soft light that pecked through the crack under the curtains.

Turning her head ever so slightly, she was greeted by messy, dirty blonde hair that rested on Monica's shoulder. She smiled slightly as his arms tightened around her waist and at the feeling of his warm breath hitting her shoulder blade. She moved her arm from under the cover, placing her hand on top of the one that lay peacefully on her stomach.

Monica continued to lay quietly next to Clint as he remained asleep behind her. She listened to the cars and the birds for the outside world as she thought of what exactly she would do that day. Her mind also wandered back to the day before. The beautiful date that they'd been on, the laughs that they shared and what it turned into.

A knock at the door interrupted Monica's train of thought. She sighed glancing over at the clock that sat on the bedside table. '7:47am' the clock read.

'What could someone want at this time?' she questioned herself.

Another knock was heard at the door. As another sigh escaped her lips, Monica carefully climbed out of Clint's hold. She grabbed hold of the fluffy, black bathrobe that hung on the back of her bedroom door, putting it on she slipped her arms in the fluffy fabric. She wrapped it tightly around her bare body as another knock was heard at the door.

"Hung on, hung on." She mumbled to herself as she slowly made her way to the front door. Taking a peek through the peephole in the door, Monica looked to see who it was. Mary stood waiting impatiently on the other side, ready in her work uniform, Buddy on the ground next to her. She opened the door, smiling as she greeted her friend.

"Finally! I thought you were dead." Mary said as Buddy leaned against Monica's legs, happy to see his mother. "Are you seriously just waking up?" Mary asked, looking at the bathrobe Monica wore and the messy hair.

"Yeah. Thanks for looking after Buddy by the way." Monica said, picking up the puppy.

"No problem. Since you didn't come and pick him up after your date I figured it went one of two ways. Either it went bad and you two are never going to see each other again meaning ima 'bout to fight his guy or it went really well and you got lucky." Mary ranted, leaning her arm against the door frame. "Do I need to fight someone?" she quickly added.