| 22 |

*WARNING!!!!! This chapter will have details of the birth so if that makes you uncomfortable you can skip to the end. I'm only a teenager and even if I love babies, I have no idea of the pains of births or anything else relating so sorry if I get stuff wrong*

Where was Clint Barton while his wife was 40 weeks pregnant and about to give birth to his firstborn children you may ask? Director Nicholas J

Where was Clint Barton while his wife was 40 weeks pregnant and about to give birth to his firstborn children you may ask? Director Nicholas J. Fury had sent his ass to New Mexico after S.H.I.L.E.D had some sort of disruption there, something about a hammer that fall from space that no one can move? Monica wasn't really paying any attention to the details.

At least Nick was kind enough to not leave Monica alone, Natasha was told to stay with her and look after her. Nat didn't care if it was an order from her director, once she heard that her friend was going on this mission, leaving his 9-month pregnant wife alone, much to his dismay, she gladly packed her bags and hopped on a jet. Maria Hill even popped in to see if everyone was okay. However, this did not stop Monica from throwing a "mini" pregnancy temper tantrum at the thought of two highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D agents having to "babysit" her. And like almost every mission that Clint was sent on, Monica had no idea when he was going to return.

Natasha had been staying at the safe house for almost a week, meaning that poor Monica was a few days overdue. Right now, Monica and Nat were sitting in the living room, binge-watching 'The Bachelor' with their feet up, while Monica downed a tub of Neapolitan ice cream as well half a tub of mint chip, even though she despised the flavour.

As the two females listened to the bachelor talk about the different women on the show, Monica felt a burning pain shot into her lower stomach. She scrunched up her face. Firmly pressing her hand against her lower stomach, where the pain was. At first, she thought it was just pain from eating so much ice cream, but the pain continued before slowly releasing. Monica put the tub of ice cream on the table in front of her, as the pain returned again. She leaned forward, hands pressing against her stomach. Natasha glanced out the corner of her eye, removing her attention from the big screen to the pregnant scientist.

"Everything ok over there?" Natasha asked, Monica slowly nodded her head as she waited for the pain to go away. But it carried on. "Are you sure, sweetie? You look a little pale."

"Yeah, I'm fine- ah ow, fucking bitch." Monica whined in pain. Natasha gently wrapped her hand up and down her friend's back. "The- the pain just comes and goes every now and again," she said, glancing over at the redhead assassin sitting next to her. The look of worry on Nat's face changed to shock. She tilted her head, giving her friend's wife a look that could say a million words.

"What?" Monica questioned as Natasha stood from the couch and walked upstairs. Monica waited in confusion until she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Nat has Monica's hospital bag, which they had packed together ages ago, flung over her shoulder.