| 09 |

Monica and Clint enjoyed their time together at dinner, but sadly soon had to leave when another couple need their table for a booking

Monica and Clint enjoyed their time together at dinner, but sadly soon had to leave when another couple need their table for a booking. But neither of them minded because both adults slowly walked down the streets of New York at night.

They enjoyed the quiet streets, with almost little to no people and the few cars that drove on the road. The lights shone brightly, not letting the stars show themselves in the night sky. They walked next to each other closely, their hands brushing against each other as they laughed at stupid things.

Monica shivered as the wind picked up, blowing against her bare arms. Her teeth rattled together slightly, but it didn't go unnoticed by Clint Barton. He glanced over at her, the smile on his face dropping from his face.

"You cold?" He asked. Monica looked at the, slightly, taller man, shrugging her shoulders at his words.

The goosebumps covered Monica's arms, "A little, but I'm okay." she said, quietly. Rubbing her arms against her arms. Clint nodded slowly, not really believing her. Nevertheless, he smiled at her, shrugging off his coat from his shoulder. He gently laid his coat on her shoulders. Monica blushed a little at the kind gesture, hoping that he wouldn't realize and think that she was just cold.

"Thank you. You won't be cold now, will you?"

"It's nothing, really. I'll be fine, you need it more than I do."

Monica slipped her arms into the coat sleeves. It was soft and fuzzy, like if you had a dog rubbing its head against your arms for hours on end. It was a little heavy from all of the weight in the fabric but she didn't mind, it was like she was wrapped up in a big blanket keeping her warm from the cool night air. The coat was large, but not a lot. It went down to her knees, but when it was on Clint it was cut at his mid-thigh. But best of all, it smelled like him. A mix of coffee and pizza, which Monica would admit was a weird mix of scents but she thought it was more unique.

The long black coat went well with her baby pink dress, if not making her outfit even better than it was before. The black made the gold on her belt stand out. Clint had stopped walking, Monica was a few steps ahead when she noticed that he was no longer by her side. The clicking of her heels stopped as she turned back to him.

She raised an eyebrow and smiled, "What?" She giggled, looking at his slightly hanging mouth. He shook his head, pressing his lips together.

"Nothing," he spoke, catching up with her. Now he stood by her side again, "You look way better in that than I do," he said, a small smirk now dancing on his face as he nudged her a little in the arm.

"Well then you wouldn't mind if I steal it from you," she laughed, nudging his back. Clint held up both of his hands, a fake shocked look on his face.

"Wow, hey, I never said that Dr. Watson."

The two continued to walk, closely next to each other. Every so often Monica would spin herself around the lamppost like she was a little girl, smile along at the thing Clint said. The clicking of her heels against the concrete was in time with the stomping of his shoes. Their hands continued to brush against each other. Clint linked their pinkies together making small butterflies form in Monica's stomach.