Chapter 26

Sang Wuyan hugged the plush doll in a daze.
  "He must have drunk too much just now," said Cheng Yin, "so you are talking gibberish, don't think about it."
  "Even if I know it may be a joke, I am very happy to hear that he is going to marry me." Sang Wuyan's smile was a little sad.
  Cheng Yin checked the date on the phone: "Don't forget that you are going home tomorrow."
  Sang Wuyan turned her head and saw the sun shown in the pendulum. The day after tomorrow is father's birthday.
  Later, when she received a call from Wu Yu while offering incense to his father in the cemetery, Sang Wuyan remembered and forgot to contact him.
  "Where did you go the day before yesterday?" He was worried.
  "I ran into a friend who took me away when he had something to do."
  "Oh."
  After the call was suspended for a while, Wu Yu asked: "Where are you, it sounds very open?"
  "I went to my father's grave in Zhongshan." Sang Wuyan replied.
  "I'm sorry to disturb you at this time."
  "It's okay, it's been three years, and the sadness at that time is now faded." Sang Wuyan stood in front of the tombstone and said, seeing Mama Sang putting up the fruits and lilies that she had brought.
  "What is it for three years?" Mother Sang turned her head to blame, "It is obviously two years. Look at your child's memory."
  Sang Wuyan took the microphone away and said, "I mean the third year." Then he put the phone in his ear again.
  "Wuyan, I drove to pick you up and Auntie?"
  "Don't bother you, we called the car."
  When hanging up, Sang Wuyan said softly, "Thank you, Mr. Wu."
  Wu Yu was taken aback, and the three characters "Mr. Wu" had already expressed Sang Wuyan's tactful refusal.
  Mother Sang asked: "Whose phone number?"
  "The Wu Yu you often mentioned."
  "He is a nice boy."
  "Mom—" Sang Wuyan offered incense to his father while talking to her.
  "My mother's biggest wish now is that you can quickly find a good home. After your father's affairs, I now want to do everything. As long as I know how to cherish you and support my family, everything will be fine."
  "Mom, you are considered a professional woman, and you are still talking about raising it or not. It's not that I can't make money." Sang Wuyan smiled.
  "Of course you need to be healthy."
  Not waiting for him to do coolies, Sang Wuyan thought, just as she was about to say it, she heard Sang's mother mutter: "Otherwise, if one person goes, the other is too lonely."
  On the way, Sang's mother said: "This Xiao Wu is really good and looks good. Although his hometown is not good, children from such a family know to cherish the most. They have a good career, can earn money, have a good temper, and treat others very well. Kind."
  Sang Wuyan laughed again: "Didn't you just say that it doesn't matter? Why did you start arranging the rules again."
  Mother Sang turned her head to her daughter: "Of course you still can't marry someone who will make you suffer, and you know that you are impatient, you have to find a good temper, otherwise the two bad personalities will be thrown together all day long."
  Sang Wuyan suddenly flashed Su Nianqin's frustrated look, and immediately wanted to laugh. The old man's words always made much sense.
  After breaking up with her mother, Sang Wuyan promised her to go home for dinner in a while, and then she took the time to buy something in the commercial area.
  When passing by a boutique, she saw a set of lovers clothes in the window. The milky white thick-knit sweater looks very warm to wear. The sweater is solid color with simple twist-like rope pattern. There is a cute hat at the back of the cardigan style, and the buttons on the chest are made of logs.
  Sang Wuyan imagined that Su Nianqin looked very at home wearing it. She was a little dazed, and the corners of her mouth raised slightly.
  "Hey, Miss 007." Someone called from behind.
  She was wondering how someone called each other in the street.
  Turning his head, he found that Peng Ruixing was calling her. The son of the Peng family was parking his BMW, and he was about to enter the cafe with his arms around the waist of a beautiful woman.
  "007 actually let his Bond girls go shopping here alone?" He put the title on her again, and he had already gathered strange eyes, making San Wuyan very embarrassed.
  Peng Ruixing walked up with a smile, said a few words to his female companion, and let her go in first. Sang Wuyan saw a pale pink shirt inside his silver casual suit jacket, with only a half buttoned down, revealing a strong chest inside, which was particularly seductive. Sang Wuyan exclaimed reluctantly, for the first time he saw a man who could line up pink like this.
  He is a man who fully understands his strengths.
  "Mr. Peng, my surname is Sang, Sang Wuyan." Sang Wuyan almost begged him to remember his name.
  "Oh, Wuyan. Where's your flower prince and fiance?" He giggled.
  "He is not my fiance." Sang Wuyan corrected.
  "Are you hinting to me?"
  "what?"
  "When a woman deliberately denies that she has a fiance, she is giving a hint to the man opposite."
  Sang Wuyan had nothing to say.
  Peng Ruixing said: "I want to buy you an ice cream."
  "I'm not a three-year-old kid."
  "It's not a good thing to have a childlike heart, and I know it's delicious to have a home in the park opposite."
  "Why do you always..." Sang Wuyan frowned helplessly.
  "Because I am very interested in the woman Su Nianqin fell in love with, and I want to study why he chose you and didn't even look at my beautiful sister."
  "Mr. Peng, I think, first, Su Nianqin is almost blind, so of course he can't see Ling Jie's beauty. Second, Su Nianqin is not my fiance. He was just joking with you that day."
  "Oh? I have known him for a year or two, but I never found him to make a joke. Besides, I still make fun of you."
  Sang Wuyan said, "How reliable do you think he said I was his fiancée?"
  Peng Rui looked up and down around Sang Wuyan and concluded: "It's really not very reliable."
  Sang Wuyan was frustrated: "People say that bystanders are clear, but you speak a little more sincerely."
  Peng Ruixing laughed: "But if your family has a billion-dollar fortune, this matter will have credibility."
  "This is daydreaming."
  "There is still one possibility left," said Peng Ruixing, "that man may love you crazy."
  Sang Wuyan really smiled bitterly: "Impossible. I like to guess that there was in the past, but love is hard to talk about. It's even more incredible if you say you want to go crazy."
  When Peng Ruixing heard what Sang Wuyan said, he raised his thick eyebrows: "You said Su Nianqin doesn't love you? Then I have to study it more."
  Sang Wuyan shrugged.
  "Let's go, let's go. Eat something, anyway, it won't delay you too long, and in broad daylight, with all eyes open, I won't let you lose a piece of meat."
  She thought that if Peng Ruixing said he wanted to invite her to eat ice cream, anyhow he was driving to Haagen-Dazs in a BMW, but she didn't expect that he bought two lovely ones in the freezer on the side of the road.
  "You're really stingy." Sang Wuyan shook his head, and walked along the path in the lawn with Peng Ruixing holding a strawberry cone.
  "This is called fun." Peng Ruixing corrected.
  She looks around from time to time.
  "What are you looking at?"
  Sang Wuyan concealed and said, "Where is your girlfriend?"
  "She is my... secretary, I have asked her to go back first."
  "Are there a dozen beauties in your family who are all secretary assistants?"
  "Wuyan, it's not right for me to ask a beautiful woman as a secretary. Su Nianqin's special assistant Qin should be as beautiful as a god.
  "Don't take a mouthful of Su Nianqin's in front of me." She sounded uncomfortable.
  "You eat men's jealousy too?"
  "..."
  After a while, Sang Wuyan looked around again alertly.
  "What are you looking for?"
  "No." She was afraid that Su Nianqin would suddenly come out from somewhere, and then make some amazing behavior.
  Sang Wuyan was about to walk across the cross road, looking for a chair opposite.
  Suddenly, a bicycle rushed over and was about to hit it from behind. "Be careful!" Peng Rui was quick and quick to protect Sang Wuyan, and pulled over to avoid the car, but because of the loss of gravity, the two of them knocked on the locust tree trunk next to him.
  Sang Wuyan's forehead scratched a thick layer of skin, and blood oozes out.
  He breathed out with some lingering fear: "I saw you twice, so reckless, I guess that Su Nianqin was tortured enough by you in the past."
  Sang Wuyan was a little embarrassed.
  Seeing the wound on her forehead, Peng Ruixing took out her handkerchief and prepared to wipe it for her: "I have to go to the hospital to see it." She shrank back alertly, avoiding his actions: "Thank you, I will come by myself."
  Seeing her painful face, Peng Ruixing suddenly had a good idea.
  Su Nianqin is having a meeting in the conference room of the branch. He will return to the headquarters next week, so he has to make some arrangements.
  Xiao Qin is taking notes.
  Another secretary outside knocked on the door and came in and said, "Mr. Su, the sales department of the headquarters is calling for you."
  "Say I have a meeting." Su Nianqin replied, motioning for the meeting to continue.
  Three minutes later: "Mr. Su, Miss Peng from TORO is calling."
  "Say I'm in a meeting!" Su Nianqin repeated with tolerance. Xiao Qin thought while flipping through the information, the boss's patience improved.
  Three minutes later: "Mr. Su, Mr. Peng from TORO..."
  "Say I have a meeting!!" Su Nianqin didn't want to bear it anymore.
  Seeing Su Nianqin's gloomy face, the secretary continued to whisper in a bit of a daze: "Mr. Peng said that a Miss Sang had a car accident and asked you to go there."
  Su Nianqin stood up suddenly, and the chair behind him fell to the ground with a "bang".
  (2)
  "I just wiped some skin, and I have to wait here." Sang Wuyan sat on the bench in the emergency room.
  Peng Ruixing mysteriously told Sang Wuyan to turn off the phone and smiled: "I saved your life just now, and help me do an experiment by the way."
  "What experiment?"
  "Verify how fast Su Nianqin's attitude towards love is." Peng Ruixing said while explaining the call just now.
  "How can you make a joke about this kind of thing!" Sang Wuyan's head really started to hurt.
  "Looking at you in pain, do you a favor. I also do my old sister a favor and let her give up as soon as possible." Peng Ruixing looked at his watch, "Ten minutes have passed. You can calmly observe his expression in a while. To determine if he really cares about you."
  After listening to his words, Sang Wuyan felt that she was really looking forward to it.
  ten minutes,
  twenty minutes......
  Time passed by minute by minute.
  People who came to see the doctor came and went, but Su Nianqin never showed up. Sang Wuyan's heart began to sink slowly.
  "Let's go," Sang Wuyan finally stood up a little desperately, "but thank you anyway." She never thought that Peng Ruixing was such a lovely person.
  Peng Ruixing said: "Wait a minute, traffic jams are very serious at this time."
  Sang Wuyan shook her head. Instead of waiting for the verdict, she should leave first and not face the cruel result. She has always liked to escape.
  At this time, Peng Ruixing received a call.
  "Hey-"
  "Mr. Peng." Su Nianqin tried his best to suppress the trembling voice and said: "You should at least tell me which hospital it is."
  Peng Ruixing patted his head, he forgot this.
  "Wuyan." He turned to call Sang Wuyan, only to find that someone was empty in his chair.
  When Su Nianqin answered the phone, the phone was already hung up. Peng Ruixing didn't make it clear, and he called the company's landline again. While Su Nianqin asked Xiao Qin to inquire about the traffic accident victims in all hospitals in the city, he asked Peng Danqi for Peng Ruixing's mobile phone number. It was so delayed for half an hour.
  After a while, Su Nianqin arrived like the wind and knocked over multiple medicine delivery carts in the corridor.
  Peng Ruixing lowered his head and explained to him, wondering whether Su Nianqin would give him a fist. Unexpectedly, Su Nianqin took a long breath and rubbed his forehead and said, "It's fine."
  When the car arrived on the main traffic road outside the hospital, Su Nianqin's face was so pale that he had not recovered. Xiao Qin saw the woman on the sidewalk and said, "It's Miss Sang."
  Su Nianqu straightened up immediately: "Stop!" Before the car stopped, he opened the door directly.
  "Mr. Su, this is the middle of the road, it's dangerous!" Xiao Qin shouted hurriedly, too late to stop.
  Su Nianqin walked a few steps straight after hearing it on deaf ears.
  "Wuyan—" he shouted.
  A pickup truck rushing in from the side lane immediately braked, and the tires and the ground made a harsh rubbing sound. The driver's eyes were red, and his head came out of the car window and cursed: "Walking long does not have eyes!"
  When Sang Wuyan heard the movement, she turned her face and saw the pale man in the traffic.
  "Su Nianqin !" She almost screamed, "Don't move!"
  Su Nianqin heard her voice, confirmed the direction of the way forward, and continued to walk over.
  "Tell you not to move!" Sang Wuyan yelled anxiously, and immediately turned over from the railing, dodge a taxi and grabbed him tightly, then carefully led him back to the side of the road.
  "You!" Sang Wuyan was very anxious, not knowing what to say about him.
  "Do you know it will die!" She was annoyed.
  Su Nianqin didn't anger her for the first time, but suddenly smiled softly, and reached out to touch her cheeks flushed from anger: "It is also a wonderful thing to hear you cursing alive."
  Sang Wuyan was startled.
  His face was smiling, but his lips were pale because of panic, his palms were full of cold sweat, and he couldn't help shaking slightly. He was not for his own life or death just now, but just because of the prank call made by Peng Ruixing.
  They teased him. Not only did he not feel angry at all, he was thankful that Sang Wuyan was intact.
  Sang Wuyan buried his face in her palm with some guilt.
  "I'm sorry." She couldn't help apologizing, and then dabbled the lines of his palm with attachment.
  "Your forehead..." Su Nianqin felt a piece of gauze on her face.
  "It was scratched just now. It's a very small, very small injury." Sang Wuyan took her finger to touch it.
  (3)
  Xiao Qin got off at the next intersection and walked over.
  "Thank God, I will never dare call Miss Sang these three words in the car again." Xiao Qin said.
  Sang Wuyan said sorry to Xiao Qin on behalf of Su Nianqin , and smiled embarrassedly.
  Su Nianqin still missed the gauze wound on her head, rubbing gently on it with his fingertips, completely ignoring that it was on the sidewalk at the rush hour.
  From that moment on, Xiao Qin next to him realized that Su Nianqin could also be an unusually gentle man.
  He said: "Wuyan, do you know that you are important to me?" Su Nianqin's words were mixed with the sound of horns and engines, beside the dusty main road around the city. At this moment, the traffic is turbulent, but there are few pedestrians.
  Sang Wuyan was suddenly moved by him.
  But she forced herself to calm down under his gentle surrounding, and then asked: "More important than Yu Weilan?"
  Su Nianqin's hand instantly froze in front of her forehead, and he didn't know how to speak for a long time.
  That scene seemed to be back three years ago. She asked: "If Yu Weilan and I both fall into the river, we can only save one. Who will you save first?"
  The two of them went around two big circles. They thought that they had matured for so many days and nights and could fully accept each other, but at the end they realized that they were still at the origin.

Sang Wuyan lowered her face and said flatly: "I'm going back, there's something at home." She promised Sang's mother to go home for dinner.
  Su Nianqu hurriedly said, "I...we will send you off."
  "No, you are busy." Then she forced a smile to bid farewell to the two of them.
  Li Lulu persuaded her: "In fact, it would be nice to be the second most important woman in his heart."
  Sang Wuyan went home and told Cheng Yin.
  Cheng Yin said furiously: "What's the second not second, nonsense!" Sang Wuyan knew that Cheng Yin didn't have any opinion on Li Lulu, it was the other person who made her really angry.
  So before going to bed, Cheng Yin did not forget to curse: "TMD Su Nianqin , what!"
  The next day, several radio stations joined forces to organize a topic about the city. The director said that he would invite a famous host from City A. Sang Wuyan thought it would be Nie Xi, so she ran to the radio before work hours, but it turned out not.
  Sang Wuyan was a little disappointed.
  After one incident, the relationship between her and Nie Xi was far more than the relationship between the predecessors and the younger generations.
  After a long time, she met Nie Xi again at an exchange meeting.
  Nie Xi saw her and asked: "How are you two..." She didn't say anything else. In the evening, Sang Wuyan received her call.
  "I am embarrassed to say to you, I regret what I said to you at that time. I seem to be the culprit who has dispersed you for so long, and has caused Nianqin to suffer for so long."
  "No. How can I blame you."
  Nie Xi smiled bitterly on the other side of the radio: "Because I told you so bluntly that I am selfish. So I feel guilty. But no matter if Yu Weilan is gone or you are lost, he still won't choose me."
  "Sister Xi, who do you think is luckier than the two of us?" Sang Wuyan asked softly.
  Nie Xi thought for a while and said seriously: "If it were me, I would choose to be you. After all, you still have a chance, and maybe you just misunderstood, maybe he has forgotten her."
  Sang Wuyan smiled a little down: "As long as he falls in love with someone, perhaps he dares to admit that he loves her in front of others, then it is definitely not a misunderstanding. He is that kind of person. We all know."
He never lied to her, nor would he say some unbelievable rhetoric to please her, as if things that he couldn't do should not be promised. But later, Sang Wuyan realized that being cheated by someone he loved was actually a very happy feeling.
  And Su Nianqin is not.
  Su Nianqin said nothing about his past because there was a slight ripple. This is his favorite way of avoiding.
  At the end of the call, Sang Wuyan asked, "Is he okay?"
  "You said Nianqin ?"
  "No." Sang Wuyan denied immediately, she never dared to ask for any more news from him.
  Nie Xi obviously understands who this "he" is: "Very well, her husband escaped from the line of life and death, and is more affectionate. She is a capable woman, and she has taken care of a broken home."
  When she mentioned Yu Weilan's name again in front of Su Nianqin yesterday, Su Nianqin didn't even have a word of excuse.
  The injury from the fall on the forehead is actually not light. She was the first time she tasted what it means to pretend to be a golden star. I went to the hospital to change the dressing again, and this time I changed a smaller OK bandage. When passing by the boutique again, Sang Wuyan drew out her wallet and reluctantly bought the couple's sweater. The clerk said enthusiastically: "If your boyfriend doesn't wear it properly, you can take it back and change it."
  Sang Wuyan smiled bitterly, maybe it will always be the fate of being hung in the closet by herself . She was sitting on a bench in the park with her face pressed into a sweater. It was a blend of wool and rabbit hair, so it felt good to the touch, much like Su Nianqin's gentle look. Thinking of him, Sang Wuyan burst into tears unconsciously.

  They don't understand, but she knows. If Su Nianqin said that love is love, that kind of love is a tail-bearing pillar, which can be ruined; if he says no love, it really means no love. But with regard to Yu Weilan's matter, he always avoided repeatedly, how could he not make her feel sad.
  In the evening, she took the boiled fish made by Sang's mother and put it in the microwave oven to steam it for Cheng Yin to eat.