59. Stories

Zhan POV

Yibo and I came downstairs to find uncle Zhu greeting Fufu "Zhan, how are you?" Uncle Zhu exclaimed hugging me. "I'm good uncle, I'm glad you could make it." I replied and he smiled, "We're glad we could come." He said.

"It's good to see you again, Yibo" he said and Yibo nodded smiling "You too Uncle Zhu, thanks for coming." He said.   We sat a little, chatting when Yibo excused herself. I wondered if he was okay; try as I might get him to relax but he wasn't cooperating. 

We still haven't decided where we'll go for our honeymoon, but I did promise to take him on a cruise ship once.

"Zhan! How's my son in law to be?" Mrs. Wang said hugging me, "I'm very well thank you, come on in." I said.

I'd gotten to know Yibo's family during our time in Luoyang last year, I was happy with their acceptance of me. We walked into the living room and I introduced everyone to each other. Just then Yibo came back, he smiled when he saw his family.

"Mama, I'm so happy to see you." He said hugging her tightly. " You well? Is Zhan taking care of you?" she teased.

"Mama" he quietly bellowed blushing when everyone laughed, "If you must know, he's doing an exceptional job." He added wrapping his arm around my waist. I smiled down at him; glad to know I was excelling at a job I loved very much.

He and I sat on the love sofa watching our group interact, Fufu was just bringing beverages when Jeffery came in with Bowen and Jiyang.

I smiled standing up to hug them "I thought you were supposed to arrive tomorrow." I said and Bowen rolled his eyes. "And miss the big dinner, what kind of groomsmen would we be huh?" He teased and I chuckled.

"Yibo you remember Bowen and Jiyang," I said and he nodded greeting them. I'd briefly introduced him to my childhood friends when we were in Chongqing. When I asked them they were more than happy to fly in to stand with me. Not to mention my friend Zhoucheng as the best man.

10 minutes later my cousins arrived along with Lu Jie and Nicky. After more minutes of mingling, we all gathered in the dining room for a three-course meal.

Everyone took turns telling stories; some of them were about Yibo and me. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, Yibo stood up with the salad bowl and went into the kitchen. I stood up too following him "So far so good right?" I asked hugging him from behind. He smiled and nodded "I know; it's going better than I expected." He said turning around. 

He took a sip of some wine and chuckled when I raised my eyebrow at her. "Grape juice." He said "Oh, nice cover up." I said. I didn't understand Yibo's apprehension to tell people about his pregnancy. I was ready to shout it from the mountaintops. But I didn't want to rush him into it.

I leaned in to lightly brush my lips across his, I can't resist touching him even for a second. Mrs. Wang cleared her throat, she stifled a smile and Yibo blushed. "Sorry to interrupt, I came to get some more casserole," she said. I grabbed the bowl of salad he filled "I'll take this to the table" I said kissing his cheek and walked away.

The rest of the evening went by accordingly, I smiled when Uncle Qiren stood up and made a toast to Yibo's happiness and myself. Uncle Zhu also made a speech, expressing his joy over our union. He also made a reference to my parents and how they would've loved to have Yibo as a part of the Xiao family. I couldn't help but mentally nod.

After dinner people started to slowly leave, we said goodbye to Yibo's family last.

I parked my Ferrari outside A-li and A-mi's store, I tried to protest but they insisted we do a fitting of our own. I walked in to find Jiyang and Bowen checking out the whole store.