52. Premonition

Yibo POV

"What about that one?" Angie asked, and I raised my eyebrows at her "Too much" I said and she chuckled nodding. She and I sat in the lounge looking at wedding sites on my laptop. I didn't officially start planning my wedding because Zhan and I haven't set a date yet. I'm the one who suggested that we wait yet I was the most impatient.

A-mi and A-li were just as impatient as I was as they already started showing me Tuxedos and selling me on designers. "I don't get what you're waiting for you know." Angie said, I chuckled then my head snapped to the side. "What?" Angie asked and I shook my head, I thought I heard a car on the driveway; I must be wrong then.

Just then the front door opened and much to my surprise and delight; Zhan walked in. "Zhan? No way" I said standing up to go hug him; he was home early. "Hey little one" he said smiling and kissed my forehead "Hello Angela" he added to Angie, who smiled and nodded "Welcome back" she said.

"You're home early," I said and Angie left to give us some privacy "I wanted to surprise you," he said. He grabbed my hand sitting on the single couch and pulling me onto his lap, he stroked my hair. I've missed you so much I thought helplessly.

"Mission accomplished," I said, "How was the trip?" I asked, he paused "It was a success," he said and I nodded resting my head on his shoulder, he seemed a little offish but maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. I inhaled his intoxicating scent; gently stoking the hair on his nape "You seem a little tense." I remarked and he chuckled.

"I'm just tired little one" he replied; now it made sense. "Aw, you work to much." I said and he smiled "Don't I ever" he said and I lifted my head to look at him

"You know what you need?" I asked, "A nice long hot shower, and masseuse Yibo. I'm a miracle worker." I said stretching my fingers. He chuckled "I'm sure" he said, I smiled and grabbed his hand taking him upstairs. Overjoyed that he was finally home.

I got back home from work earlier than usual; my boss called it a 'one-time only' treat. I chuckled inwardly. I went into the bathroom for a quick shower. After dressing I noticed the letter Abby gave me in my handbag; it had my name on the envelope. 

I didn't know anyone who would use my work address to send me a letter. I walked over to the bed and grabbed it tearing it open; there were three pictures and a note inside. I looked at the pictures and gasped at what I saw. The first one was Zhan and Bianca kissing and the others were of them in bed together. My hand went to my mouth, suddenly feeling nauseous.

Zhan...my Zhan slept with woman? With Bianca, Even as I saw it for myself I still couldn't believe it.  "My God" I whispered shakily, tears coming down my face. Out of all the ways he could've possibly broken my heart, infidelity was the worst of them. I picked up the note off the ground and read it Don't count your chickens before they hatch, the game is just only beginning, B.

I tried playing the fierce fiancée with Bianca but she'd found my weakest spot; the joke was on me, in the end she had the last laugh. I couldn't beat her at her own game because I couldn't be devious or conniving like her. It just wasn't in my nature, I was too nice and trusting for my own good, and that always got me a broken heart.

With trembling hands I reached for my phone and dialed the only number I could in my state.

"Meng Ziyi?" I asked my voice shaking "Yibo? What's wrong?" she asked in a high-pitched and frantic voice. "I need you to wait for me outside the estate, make sure no one sees you. Please." I begged, "I have to go." I hung up while she was trying to ask me what was going on.