Winter Wonderland

Notes:

HI IT'S ME AFTER SO LONG I'M SO SORRY! CHECK THE END NOTES FOR INFORMATION!

---------------

Across the Boiling Isles was a snow covered paradise, much larger than that of The Knee. Tall trees and taller mountains surrounded the area, the cold temperature year-round providing a great defense against the sun's harsh rays and keeping the snow from melting and ruining the area for those looking for adventure. The area was populated by animals that could handle the cold, from cute little hares to giant deadly leopards, to even monsters; one must not only be careful of the creatures roaming the land, but also must be careful when they decide to venture out into the cold.

"WOOHOO!"

A loud voice echoed through the mountains, startling many of the smaller creatures that lived around. A figure zoomed down one of the mountains, maneuvering through the trees and taking sharp turns between them, mindful of the small hares and foxes running around. Kevin was having the time of his life as he snowboarded further down the mountain, icey cold hair pelting and hitting his skin since he wore no jacket or sweater, just his regular shirt and pants. His grin only grew wider as he saw the snow in front of him disappear abruptly as he approached the edge of a cliff. With adrenaline clouding his judgment, he sent a blast of air behind him, shooting him faster and faster towards the edge until he bent his knees and jumped over the cliff. A crazed laugh escaped him as he started to spin, managing a 360 in the air before he crashed onto the ground. A cloud of snow exploded in the air from the impact before Kevin burst through with a cheer.

"Hahahaha! That was fucking awe—OOF!" He was cut off as a pillar of ice shot sideways from somewhere to his left, forming right in front of him and making the human smash right into it. He spun around the ice before falling onto his back, the wind temporarily knocked out of him. "M-Medic," he groaned out, clutching the pillar above and using it to pull himself up to his feet. "Where the fuck did this thing come from?" he asked, looking towards the left and its origin, only to see two figures standing there.

"Hey, the hell was that-w-wait! Boscha, Luz, don't you-don't you dare!" he shouted as they ran after him, jackets and gloves and other winter gear clutched in their hands. He yelped, only able to hop away due to the snowboard still being strapped to his feet. He undid the straps and started to run, ducking under Boscha after she had climbed onto the ice to launch herself at him. He continued running away from them, dodging, weaving, and ducking around all their attempts to dress him up. Another figure caught his attention, so he ran and fell to his knees in a plea. "Amity! You've gotta protect me from these maniacs! They want me to-to dress warm! I don't like heat! Please, save me," he pleaded, looking into her golden eyes to beg for mercy. But his own eyes widened upon seeing a scarf clutched tightly between her hands. "Oh, you witch."

"Get him!" the green-haired girl shouted, tackling Kevin to the ground, with Luz and Boscha soon joining in the dogpile. Snow was kicked into the air, arms and legs kicking out of the mist as nearby creatures and critters watched them. Eventually the snow settled, revealing the three girls standing around Kevin victoriously, watching as the boy stood in layer after layer of winter clothing, including a giant and puffy black jacket.

"I feel like a giant marshmallow," he said, voice devoid of emotion as he stood there, broken and muffled.

"The cutest marshmallow on the mountain," Luz cooed, reaching up to pinch one of the boy's cheeks.

"Get these bloody things off of me!" he exclaimed, thrashing around in his clothed prison, only to let out a muffled shout as he fell backwards onto his back, swaying back and forth like a turtle as he tried breaking free. The girls laughed at his reaction before they started peeling some—not all, but some—of the warm winter clothing off of the boy, leaving him in the dog hoodie Luz had gifted him during the Christmas he had spent with her mother and herself.