Taken and a Plan of Action (chapters 18 and 19)

Summary:

Chapter 18: Drama befalls the group as Amity's feelings are accidentally revealed.

Notes:

Warning: This chapter includes chapters 18 and 19. Explanation given in the end of chapter notes.

Dear Diary,

I couldn't do it. As much as I wanted to confess to Luz how much I love her, I just couldn't do it. It was the perfect opportunity too. It was just the two of us with no one else, not even Kevin, around. It hurts, it really does. But she started talking about her mother, and I didn't want her to have to choose between staying here with me or going back to her.

Titan it hurts. I was so close! And I've gone through so much pain and suffering and plenty of near chances since Kevin set out on this stupid little quest of his to get Luz and I together. I keep trying to tell myself that one day will be the right time to admit my feelings, but as each and every opportunity continues to blow up in my face, my faith continues to dwindle. Maybe we just aren't meant to be? I mean, Kevin had come up with ten different ways to get us together, and yet not a single one of them worked!

Speaking of which, I can only imagine Kevin's reaction when I messaged him, telling him what had happened. I just hope he lets it go and doesn't do anything too stupid.

Before she could write another word, Amity's peace and wallowing in pity were interrupted as the door to her secret library room was opened. She turned to see Kevin enter the room, and he didn't appear happy nor thrilled in the slightest.

"Hey, so, what the fuck happened up on that mountain the other night?" he asked, causing the greenette to roll her eyes.

"I already told you when I texted you."

"I know but like, I want to hear the explanation. Because my brain cannot process it because what the fuck ? It was the perfect setting and moment!" he exclaimed, causing the witch to sigh and pinch the bridge of her nose.

"I was showing her some constellations. When I was getting ready to confess, she started talking about her mom and how much she missed her and... I didn't want to confess and make her choose between living here with us, or going back and living with her mom. That is, on the off chance she liked me back and wanted to date me. Which is highly unlikely," she sighed again, and this time it was Kevin's turn to roll his eyes.

"Are you blind or just stupid? The amount of sapphic energy you two radiate towards each other is literally suffocating!" he exclaimed. "It was the perfect time, you know. You two were alone, doing Odin knows what, just as a firework show began. If that doesn't scream romantic, I don't know what does!"

"Do not yell at me over this!" Amity hissed, slamming her fists against the table in anger and turning to glare at him. "You do not deserve to be angry or upset over this! You're not the one who's being affected by heartbreak! You got with the person you're in love with, not me! Only I deserve to be upset!"

"I do deserve to be upset! I've spent so much time and money and have spilled literal blood to try getting you two together, just for you to chicken out! You blew what was, seemingly, the best shot you had!"

"I've had plenty of shots! You and your stupidity managed to ruin every single one!"

"Okay let's just calm down for a second, I did not ruin every single one! I, personally and accidentally, only ruined four of them. The rest were either ruined by forces out of my control or, in this case, you chickening out!"