°☆Final Chapter☆°

I cough up water when I make it to the surface.

Light grabs me and holds me closely, drips of water from his hair drops onto my cheek.

He breathes quietly, fast. Light mutters "I'm sorry..." I reply in a weak breathless tone "Why are we like this?"

Light rests his forehead against mine and says "We are unfortunate..."

I say grabbing his damp white shirt weakily "You're the man I've been trying to catch for years..." He takes my hand in his and holds it there.

He gulps and says "You're the woman I've been trying to make mine for years..."

We finally make slow eye contact looking up at eachother.

I slowly lean in, he does the same and we fall into a passionate kiss.

Light runs his tongue on my lower lip and I allow him to enter, he cups my face in his hands.

I break away and sit up, wiping my mouth with a deep crimson blush, he sits up beside me and hugs me firmly.

He hides his face in my hair and that's when I notice his red face, so he does care...

I run my hands through his hair, he growls "Don't you dare say I belong with Misa like last time".

I smile and say "I'm not, but you know I can't work with you, you're Kira".

He squeezes my waist and says "Forget about this case".

I reply "I can't Ryuzaki will suspect why I quit", I hand Light my Death Note that's soaked and say "Keep it".

Light takes my Death Note and throws it aside, I yelp grabbing him trying to reach for it "Light!"

He grabs my hands and says "Don't forfeit ownership yet", Light smiles and says "I want to make sure we achieve our perfect world before we get rid of them".

I say honestly "You know I don't want to help Kira, I made a deal with Misa that I would get her closer to you then I would get rid of ownership and not remember anything".

Light shakes his head and says "Don't do that, I need you, I need you to remember this. If you forfeit ownership you won't remember this".

I reply "Then it's for the best. When the time is right, make me remember".

Light breaks into an agreement, I say crawling over and picking up my Death Note, "Before I go, can we do something?"

Light asks curiously "What?"

×××
I lay in bed with Light, I pick up the Death Note and say "I think it's time, Light", Light lays on his side looking at me, he says "I will come and get you".

I say "You might want to get changed and go, as far as I remember I rejected you and we have been keeping distance".

Light sighs and gets out of bed giving me a final kiss on the lips, he starts getting changed and walks out giving me one last look.

I put on clothes and slip back into bed, Ryuk appears and asks "You ready?" I reply "It was nice meeting you, I forfeit ownership".

I had Ryuk the book and my mind goes blank.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I sit there wondering why I'm sore, I get out of bed and head for the bathroom to take a shower.

When the warm water hits me I never felt more relaxed, I massage conditioner into my head and wonder why my feet are so ice cold when the heat hits them.

×××

I get dressed in new clothes and head to work.

×××

Let's just say Light never had the chance to return to Y/n, after he got into so much mess with Near and ended up running for his life he never got the chance to have his Y/n.

In his final moments dying on a rusty old staircase, he wished Y/n had remembered him and was at his side then.

Light wished for one last kiss from Y/n, one last goodbye.

Y/n did arrive and found him on the stair case, Ryuk had given her the Death Note just so she could see him one last time.

Y/n cups Light's face and kisses him, a smile breaks onto his face and he disappears from life...

Y/n told Ryuk "He never changed did he?" Before handing the shinigami back the Death Note.

The End...