Chapter Nineteen

The days had past quickly, today was the day I'd either be marrying Miguel or running away with Camelo. I hadn't heard from Camelo, however, I knew he was near. I could feel the shift of energy within the home. Miguel has been tense and his soldiers walked around the house with their guns drawn. Did he suspect Camelo would be coming for me? I had once vowed to take all three brothers down, however, Camelo was the one now helping me. I had to let go of Miguel to move ahead.

The morning felt rushed, Ella practically forced fed me, telling me if I didn't eat, I'd pass out in front of the priest, and we couldn't have that. The hair stylist and make up artists arrived shortly after. In the back of my mind, I knew I needed to get to the door Camelo asked me to unlock. He's enter the estate that way, and I wasn't sure how we'd escape. I closed my eyes, thinking of his deep greens. He was kind to me, and promised me something Miguel couldn't, a life to live on my own. I would no longer be dictated by those around me...I'd be free.

When I was finally left alone, I quality snuck out of my room and made my way to the door Camelo needed open. I hesitated before reaching to lock, what would happen to Miguel? I craved him and despised him. I feared him and understood him. I knew his touch, and I felt his passion. Taking a deep breath, I exhaled and turned the lock of the door. Miguel would be fine without me, he'd find a woman like Giselle that wanted a lifestyle like his. What I wanted was simplicity, and Miguel was anything but that.

Tip toeing back to my room, I quietly closed the door and released a breath, I hadn't realized I had been holding in.

"Where did you go, Princesa?" A voice behind me caused me to shriek. Miguel. He sat on my bed, in his all black tuxedo. Looking down at his hands, and away from me. He was stunning.

"I went for a walk...to clear my head...is that alright, boss?" I said in fake confidence.

"I thought, maybe, you had ran off..." He said lowly. "Will you be there?" He asked.

"Where?" I questioned sitting on the chair opposite of Miguel. My how the tables had turned, the night he came to claim me, he had been the one in the chair and I had been the fearful one on the bed.

"At the end of the aisle, walking to me..." He explained.

"I don't think I have much of a choice in the matter..." I reminded him.

He stands off the bed, moving before me, and lowering himself to look me in the eyes when he spoke. "You're breathtaking..."

"Its bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, Miguel." I whisper.

"No, baby. We make our own luck." He leaves me with a single kiss to the forehead.