Part 6 - partners?

☀︎︎𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑎 ☀︎︎

☀︎︎𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑎 ☀︎︎

I nod at the teacher as I walk out and follow Noah.

He is striding down the hallway with all the eyes on him, then everyone's eyes shifting to me as they see me desperately trying to catch up with him.

'Hey s-slow down please' I exhale.

He doesn't reply he just stops, in the middle of the hallway, infront of everyone.

He's going to cause a scene.

'Keep up Maisie' is all he says and he carries on walking away.

'It's Maya!' I shout at him, 'not Maisie you idiot.'

I turn to walk the other way, deciding there is no point in chasing this man.

But suddenly a feel someone's hand grasp tightly around my wrist and the feeling of bravery is instantly gone when I turn around and see Noah. I  see the slight raise of his eyebrow as he moves his fingers slightly along my wrist feeling the lines of the scars which lie there.

His skin is so soft I almost forget what is happening.

I quickly pull my wrist away from him and pull my sleeve down while quickly looking around to see if anyone saw what just happened.

But everyone's eyes are on Noah who is just standing there with a smile on his face. I have no idea why he is smiling.

'The cafe at the end of my street in 30 minutes, if your not there I'm doing the project without you.' I say before walking to the doors, push them open and walk home.

***

I sit on my bed and my phone rings.

It's Max.

'Hey are you okay? I heard about what happened at school.'

I sigh.

'Hey yeah all good, just a bit of drama, nothing I can't handle.' I say as a tears spring to my eyes realising I'm not okay, that was too close, he could've seen my scars and made fun of them infront of the whole school. I don't know what I would have done then.

'Aw okay, let me know if your not okay though? I'm always here for you, you know that right?' She speaks kindly across the phone.

'I know, thank you Max.'

'Anyway i have a free period now, you down to go out somewhere? Maybe for food or drinks?'

'I'm so sorry but I think I'm going to just stay home for the afternoon, I'm tired and just want to chill out.'

I had to lie to her, if I told her I was meeting a boy - even for just a project - she would make such a big deal out of it which really isn't needed.

'No problem girl! See you at school tomorrow?'

'Of course, see you then' I end the call.

I get dressed  into my favourite long knitted jumper and just a pair of jeans.

I check my phone and I swear under my breath when I realise I'm already 10 minutes late, whether or not he will turn up I don't know, but either way, it will be nice to spend the afternoon out of the house

I grab my laptop, notepad, pencil case and purse and put them into my bag then swing it over my shoulder.

My eyes scan my room for anything else I might need but I don't see anything, so I walk downstairs and walk out of the house ready to meet my so called 'project partner'.

———————————————————————————

Hey guys! I'm sorry this chapter is shorter than the other ones! But I promise I will make it up to you in the next chapter, which will be in Noah's perspective ;)