Part 23 - ice skating

☀︎︎ Maya ☀︎︎

☀︎︎ Maya ☀︎︎

'Okay so what the hell do I do?' Noah asked from beside me, he is gripping onto the railing so tightly you would think it might break in half.

It took us all about twenty minutes to get our skates on. As soon as they were on, Seb and Drixen got out on the ice and started skating. But Noah hasn't moved an inch yet.

'Okay watch me.' I tell him. I glide my feet away from him and slowly, pushing off one foot and then the other, I skate in a circle and then come back to Noah. 'See, easy.'

He just stares at me as if I've lost my mind.

'Here.' I offer him my hand, he hesitates and then he takes it. 'We are going to go slow okay?' I tell him and he nods with an expression of fear on his face. 'It's really not that bad.' I reassure him.

'Maya. I have never done this before, I could die.'

'You are such a drama queen, come on. On 3 okay?'

'Fine.'

'1....2...' I count but I pull him away from the railing before I can reach three.

'Hey you said on three!'

'Did I?' I joke to him.

'Yeah you did.'

He's too focused on me right now to realise he is actually skating. But as soon as he looks at the ground and shouts to the guys, 'Seb, Drixen, look into doing it!!' He starts to wobble a bit.

Seb shouts back 'knew you would do it!' And Drixen shouts 'Finally, took you long enough.'

But with Noah concentrating on them, he doesn't realise he is becoming off balance and a moment later one of his skates trips over the other and he starts flying towards the ground. His hand being gripped on mine causes me to go with him. But he doesn't hesitate to pull my body on top of his so he hits the ice instead of me.

I roll off him onto the ice and turn to look at him. 'Hey you okay?' I take his hand in mine.

He turns to meet my eyes as he says 'oh my god I did it. Maya, Maya, Maya, I was skating on ice.' I've never seen him so excited before.

'You sure were.' I laugh.

We both then break into laughter while laying on the ice.

'Need a hand?' Seb appears above us with Drix beside him, both of them holding their hands out to us. We take them and they pull us up.