Part 11 - joy

☀︎︎𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑎 ☀︎︎

☀︎︎𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑎 ☀︎︎

Every class went by so fast after that moment I had in the hallway. I spent pretty much all the class time zoned out trying to process my thoughts.

But it didn't work. So instead here I am sitting on my bed with my laptop in front of me while trying to find some music to take my mind off of all the thoughts whirling around in there.

As soon as I put on my favourite album by 'Imagine Dragons' I hear a notification sound and so I guide my eyes towards the corner of my screen where the notification lies. I click on it.

Unread Email

Hi, it's Noah here, your project partner. I've attactched the work I've done so far. read it and email back your thoughts on it.

1 file attactched

Double clicking on the file, it opens instantly and my eyes are overwhelmed by the sight I'm seeing. Pages and pages worth of what looks like legitimate work. I really underestimated him.

I skim across each page to gather an understanding of how good of a quality his work is. To say I'm impressed would be a massive understatement.

I shoot him back another email:

I'm impressed. It seems like you didn't copy and paste from the internet like I had expected. Not bad. I'll add in the parts I've missed into my presentation. We can go over it together at some point and then present it in class after. Have a good night Noah.

-Maya

My computer cursor hovers over the 'send' button and I hesitate for a moment before hitting it.

The idea of waiting for a reply puts my nerves on edge. But I never get a response.

It messes with my brain. The corridor, him assisting me with my pills, the feeling of his hand on mine. It almost seems unreal considering how he acts towards me aside from that one moment.

Dragging me out of my thoughts, my phone notifies me of a support group session which starts in an hour. I guess It would be nice to see Greyson there again. So I walk over to my closet and get ready.

***

'So who wants to start first?' Jim asks.

No one says anything.

'Greyson?' Jim gestures his hand in his direction.

Greyson lifts his head, he seems to be trying to think of something to say, but then he comes out with 'I went on a date a few days ago.'

We exchange smiles as his eyes meet mine for a second and then drift back over to Jim's.

I mean I never really thought of it as a date. But I suppose you could class it as that.