Part 7 - teamwork

☁︎︎𝑁𝑜𝑎ℎ ☁︎︎

☁︎︎𝑁𝑜𝑎ℎ ☁︎︎

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes. 10 fucking minutes and she's still not here.

My mind can't stop skipping back to the hallway. Her wrist. I swear I felt something there, something weird. Maybe I'm just going crazy but I swear-

I am taken from my thoughts when the bell rings to indicate the door has been opened.

My gaze lifts from where it was resting on the table.

And she's standing there, looking around for me.

Her eyes fall on me and she doesn't even smile at me, she just walks over and awkwardly takes a seat across from me.

I take a moment to study her face but everything remains neutral but when my eyes fall to her hands, I notice she's fiddling with her hands in her lap.

She is nervous.

'You turned up.' She breaks the silence.

'As much as I despise school, I still have to pass everything so yeah let's got on with this shit. You read the email about the project yet?'

'No I haven't had time.'

Well I had plenty of time to read it while waiting for you to turn up I feel like saying, but I don't.

I go over the project with her, and when I say go over it I mean read her the statement which is 'create a presentation explaining how Hitler changed the lives of the Germans living in Germany at the time while he was in power.'

And just like that she pulls out her notebook and starts writing out notes.

I take a moment to study her, the way her hair falls so perfectly down her back. Her freckles compliment the rest of her features as they are scattered all across her face. They look nice. I wouldn't say pretty, but she looks nice.

She continues writing for about 15 minutes before I decide I'm too bored to sit here in silence doing nothing.

'Don't forget to write about how he used propaganda (advertising) to encourage people to join him to fight in the war.' I tell her.

She looks up acknowledging me and then looks back down at her notebook and continues writing.

'You know it's rude to ignore people.' I say raising an eyebrow at her.

'I'm sorry but can you please just be quiet, I'm so tired and I don't need to be arguing with you right now.'

'Who says I'm going to argue with you?'

'Well your kind of a dick, so it will happen sooner or later.'

I laugh at that. 'You have a lovely attitude Davies.' I say sarcastically but without showing it.