Chapter 27

Louis stood back slowly.

He looked at Harry, who looked utterly downcast. Both of them were horrified at this point, "Harry?" Louis whispered.

Harry didn't say anything.

"Harry what's wrong," Louis tipped Harry's chin with his finger to face himself,  "Why are you so... upset?" he asked. Harry still didn't speak anything.

Louis was panicking worse than ever. He felt he did something bad to upset Harry so much at such a moment. Out of all the times, it had to be now, when everything was going so so great.

He loved every moment, but what happened to Harry? Why wouldn't he speak anything? He rather felt guilty that he loved being kissed by him. He smudged his lips with an effort from the back of his hand, although he knew the rain washed away everything.

Harry didn't say anything, he looked like he wanted to run away, but he couldn't, "Harry," he said again, Harry wouldn't look at him, "Did I do something?" he asked guiltily.

Harry looked like... he regretted every second of it and wanted to forget something like this ever happened. If Louis was right in thinking so, it was worse than horrific. 

"No, it isn't you, it's not you at all," Harry murmured slowly. Louis couldn't figure what he should do. Harry didn't love him. Then why did he let that happen? It was better for both of them if none of this happened.

"Then what is it, is it Tyler?" he tried again.

"No, it's not, not him. It's me. It was always me, all along," he almost fell to his knees in despair. And he would if Louis wouldn't have been holding his shoulders.

"Then what is it? Tell me I-I want to help you," Louis shook him slightly. 

"We can't do this, I can't do this," he sniffled. Louis knew what he was saying.

He stood frozen for a moment. 

He shed a tear, he could tell, even in the rain, bending over to grab his face. Regretting everything.

He should have listened to Niall when he said that. He released his shoulders. He had done himself dirty. He knew Harry wouldn't love him. And for the fact, he didn't even know what is his sexuality. 

He looked at Harry's face, as he stood thunderstruck. He was sure both of them wanted to run away at that moment. Harry was crying and crying and he wasn't even trying to stop. Louis didn't know what to do. He could do nothing as Harry wept in front of him and Louis heard the thunder strike every now and then.

He knew he should just give up. But he couldn't. He had fallen too deep in the pit to escape, now there was no option but to sob. He felt utterly ashamed. Not for being rejected like that, but because he fell in love. Lightning struck beside them. He madly tried not to look too much at Harry's beautiful face.

It's gone.

"It's ok, it's ok, come, I'll take you to your room, then I'll go to mine," Louis whispered, not looking at him since he once looked away. He stood beside Harry.

"I-I don't have my keys, they're with Zayn," Harry stuttered.

"Fine, then come to mine," Louis said with finality. If Harry wanted to protest he couldn't, and Louis took him away with him. His arm around his back, thunder striking around them. He shouldn't be doing this. He shouldn't be trying.

Harry came like the light in his life, but now it had turned to lightning and struck him. He shouldn't take Harry to his room. It would make matters worse. But he couldn't leave him like that either. In the rain, so vulnerable. Because love is not something that could be ruined by that little of hate.